RS Badging on non RS twingos

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

weebob

Reaction score
Right, this seems to be cropping up all the time, can get quite heated, so let's get it over and done with.

The subject is sticking RS stickers etc on non RS twingos....

My feelings are that it's not something I'd do but if the person wants to then enjoy.

Am I correct in saying, not many people know what the RS 133 is, so it's not a big thing to pretend to have. I find i have to explain what it is to people and have given up and just call it a twingo. Anyone that knows what one is may probably be able to spot a lower spec model with a RS sticker.

But remember, sticking feathers up your arse doesn't make you a chicken.

Discuss....

It's someones personal car, therefore they have the right to personalise it how they want.

I don't get why RS spoilers and wheels are ace on 1.2s, but god forbid an RS sticker goes on one

singlespeed":1eazuv0m said:
It's someones personal car, therefore they have the right to personalise it how they want.

I don't get why RS spoilers and wheels are ace on 1.2s, but god forbid an RS sticker goes on one

I agree.

suppose it's just that bit too far for some. Too mr Average Joe the spoiler and wheels will make the car look nice, they won't think it's a RS, however the RS badging states its something it's not, but Mr Average Joe simply won't care anyway as the vast majority of people have no idea what one is. So why does it matter? Why put a sticker on the car in the first place? Why fuss about others that have?

I agree with singlespeed on this one, I've recieved my renaultsport vinyl black badge and I know it will annoy some when I put it on but I'm happy with it :D people that modify anything on a car are making it something it wasent to begin with from a light bulb change to putting on a RS spoiler etc. It changes the cars character and is based on individual taste and that's what we need in the car world!
I mean if we all had standard out of the factory cars how boring would this forum b

I think it's your attitude tbh.

A particular member not only has feathers up their arse but a sharp stick too And when a bit of banter came their way... They bit. If your bite, you're asking for more!

Hollie for example... You accept it's not for everyone and therefore i suddenly find it acceptable to have such a badge!

Thank u maggi I understand it's not to everyones taste and accept not everyone will like it, bit of banter I don't mind :D dnt take life too seriously me

:D good! I take stick for mine at work, but it isn't serious and it's my car and if I want a wintense winning sticker on the back I'm gonna have one!! Just poke fun back in a non serious way (I don't actually want to hurt someone's feelings so fat jokes are usually out of the question)

And as I've said before, your car (and Courtney's) are stunning. I'd be saying my car looked crap if i said anything else!

Personally I think non RS models with the wheels and spoilers do look great and doesn't make them look to be a RS wannabe. But when a sticker is applied i think it makes someone feel they want something they don't have. For example the yellow 1.2 Clio v6 replica. Why would you bother and the same with the 1.2 sport replicas. Don't get me wrong some look smart but the money put into them you could have bought a real one (maybe not a v6 but close to it) yes I know it's cheaper running cost but still why?

It's like me buying a Toyota MR2 and fitting either a Austin Martin or ferrari kit to it but underneath id still know its a MR2!

But also like my car some people love the modifications I've done and some hate the but it'd my car I'll do what I like while I own it. that way it different to all offer RS and makes it my own :)

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk ;)

Modifying is all about personal taste and preference. It's always going to cause discussions because some will like and some won't. It's all about making the car individual and stamping your own Mark on the car.

At the end of the day, it's the persons car, they have paid for it so it's up to them what they do.

I think oem modifying is far nicer than sticking horrible plastic chavvy bits all over the car and having a stupid dustbin lid for an exhaust like I see at my local mcdonalds every night. Making a car something it's not though, thats something completely different.if u want one, go buy it, you will still know no matter how hard you try making it look like one, it will never be that car underneath

Daveyb133":2hy75zkb said:
Modifying is all about personal taste and preference. It's always going to cause discussions because some will like and some won't. It's all about making the car individual and stamping your own Mark on the car.

At the end of the day, it's the persons car, they have paid for it so it's up to them what they do.

I think oem modifying is far nicer than sticking horrible plastic chavvy bits all over the car and having a stupid dustbin lid for an exhaust like I see at my local mcdonalds every night. Making a car something it's not though, thats something completely different.if u want one, go buy it, you will still know no matter how hard you try making it look like one, it will never be that car underneath

Going to McDonald's every night wonder why you never lose weight ;)

But really agree with this but for me it's burger king :lol:

Daveyb133":3lg2k8j3 said:
Making a car something it's not though, thats something completely different.if u want one, go buy it, you will still know no matter how hard you try making it look like one, it will never be that car underneath
But is a sticker or badge making it something it isn't, or just visualy adding something to a lifeless part of the car once the crap base model badge has been removed and de-twingoed. Completely bare, it does look very plain.

For the younger members who aspire to an RS (or eqivalent other marque), I would imagine that running costs are a big factor. The 1.2's of the world are generaly prety good cars to get some freedom and so long as they enjoy that freedom and love their car, I say fare play.

Singlespeed ur right I only work weekends and a few short shifts during the week in a shoe shop I could afford to run a RS 133 but couldn't afford the monthly payments on it sadly, my next car will b a new look 133 in liquid yellow when I feel comfortable enough to move on from where I work currently; that's my aspiration but c no harm in modifying this one to keep my hobby going and still enjoying having my car :D I'm planning on de-twingoing it but it does look plain without something in that bottom corner

Any modification is making a car something it's not but that's not the point it's about individualism and fun, I know if I hadn't of done some stuff to my car I wouldn't have anyone asking me bout it like I have had cos it would merge into all the other small cars out there

Putting the exhaust off the silverstone onto a normal RS.....is that making it something it's not as it's not meant to be on it, no it's cos it looks amazing and sounds even better!!!

Tinting the windows of a cup version is that making it into a full fat model again something it's not? No cos some people like tinted windows but would want the amazing chassis and 17" wheels that come with having a cup in the first place

:D sorry it's a long post lol

But the silverstone exhaust is on a renaultsport and the same with the tints and what not

Don't think you have got the point.

No I have im just saying that adding anything to a car is making it something it's not which dosent really matter as long as the persons happy, a renaultsport badge is an add the same as the silverstone exhaust is not on the normal RS from factory it's an add to the car which wasent meant in the first place to be on any car but the silverstone untill they released it

As long as your happy add stuff to your car it dosent matter if it's meant to b for it or not it's about your feelings etc. If you like it isn't that really all that matters?

as a owner of a 1.2 I feel like I should get a bit more involved into this to get my point straight.

To get straight to the point; sticking a RS badge onto a non-RS. I find it a bit chavy. And yes, I'm spending money on RS accessoires that says Renault Sport on it. But that's just because I want my car to look good. And I think we all do, as most of the people around here are spending money on those parts. So why should they only be legitimite on a RS car?

Of course I would have loved to own a RS Twingo. But that little thing costed double the money my current 1.2 did. As I was only 18 when I bought it from my own hard earned money, I simply didn't had the money to get a GT or even a RS. And I didn't want to loan any money, or get my car on finance because I just don't feel right getting into that for a stupid car that transports me from point A to point B. Besides that, I'm paying no road taxes due to the 1.2 being kinda eco-friendly and I'm paying a reasonable amount of money on insurance. I'm only a student and make most of my money in the weekends. It's not much but it's enough to make me smile everyday when I see my car and even get's me on a holiday or two every year.

The point is, everybody has a budget, and everybody has a certain taste in the things they like. all the people on here like cars, just in a different way, and that's why they do different stuff to their cars that might not be everybody's taste. If the owner of the car feels right to do certain things to his or hers car, then everybody should respect that. wheter it's a RS without the badge, or it's a non RS with the RS badge on it.

Cheers,

Remco :mrgreen:

Have to agree with everyone here. Putting parts on your car is entirely different to rebadging it. RS wheels, spoiler, interior etc all look better and that's why people put them on non-sports but putting a badge on it... Not keen at all.

I would rather remove all badges than "up-badge" a car. In fact, my 172 "2.0 16v" badges were removed in favor of the "16v" badges from a 1.2.

At the end of the day it's your own car do what you please with it. Just don't moan when you get stick for it.

And for the record, I'm not trying to make people think I have an r26r, hence why my stickers say "RS133" on them. I simply copied the styling as basically...the r26r is pure win.

putting a RS badge on a non RS with nowhere near 133bhp is like putting RS on a 1.6 focus.
However, each to their own though ;)
However if my GT ever hits 133bhp it shall get a GT133 badge :p (probably wont though!)

I had all the rs bits on my Gt cos they look the nuts but I wouldn't put a rs badge on cos it wasn't a rs but each to there own

Status
Not open for further replies.