Rs gordini progress thread!! (always being updated!)

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
benmc":2c8jg392 said:
ahh ill have a look on ebay for a uni one then! and no i mean the stamdard mesurements neil just really for cuiosity
Ive got the spare head in the back of the car again. So, I'll have a measure up in the next few days.

I wish I bought that a good while ago now! Out of question now though with me buying a place in Aberdeen (you'll know what prices are like Neil) and I'm on my own :/ have to get some run outs in summer of your game?

benmc":28lcjosz said:
I wish I bought that a good while ago now! Out of question now though with me buying a place in Aberdeen (you'll know what prices are like Neil) and I'm on my own :/ have to get some run outs in summer of your game?
Theres normally a couple of runs along with the Clio197/200 lads, who are a good lot.
I'll definitely be sorting a bacon butty run again, as Moray and Aberdeenshire councils skipped the last one when they chipped half of the route :(

ill definatly be there aslong as car is sorted and im not back in teesside that weekend! haha

Due to my rain sensor not working I finally decided to order a new gel pad and installed that today! Can anyone clarify the adjustment is that the sensitivity? Or speed? Cheers

Also getting back into my detailing and have the car a full going over today for the first time in probably just over a year!! It's bad!! Still not 100% happy with paint result and feel and found a good few defects I want to sort but compared to what it was like its a great improvement!! Sadly I forgot to take pics before and during! And when I finished it was dark so will get pics tomorrow but here's one in the dark :)

7aretave.jpg

I much prefer mine with the rain sensor disconnected so the wipers revert to intermittent .

Really disliked the auto wiper function

But the intermittent is only 1 wipe without rain sensor then fairly fast quite annoying when there's only a little drizzle have to keep flicking the switch haha

benmc":3jdfedbx said:
But the intermittent is only 1 wipe without rain sensor then fairly fast quite annoying when there's only a little drizzle have to keep flicking the switch haha
With the rain sensor disconnected, I get:-

Off
---- Intermittent where the delay is variable by rotating the selector (delay between 1 and 10 seconds)
On Speed 1
On Speed 2

My Intermittent without the rain sensor didn't work only done one wipe :/ unless I turned the dial it would wipe again once ... I thought you just nocked it to the first setting and that was set to auto and the dial was sensitivity,

So how do you actually turn the auto on? And I may need a new part for wipers then!

The rotating dial part has markings, from a dash marking at the top getting wider to a square block at the bottom.

At the dash, you get a 10 second interval between wipes (switching to the next setting faster will give a wipe)
>
>
>
at the square block its about 1 second interval between wipes

With the auto function working, it should alter the sensitvity on the threshold of it wiping or not. I found that it didn't make much difference on mine and most of the time it was better to switch it off/on manually

Ahhh okay I wonder of my stalk is fucked then it doesn't intermittently wipe using the dial hence I though was sensitivity :/ more money :(

benmc":2h8ho7rr said:
Ahhh okay I wonder of my stalk is f****d then it doesn't intermittently wipe using the dial hence I though was sensitivity :/ more money :(
If you have the rain sensor connected and working, the dial would be for sensitivity.

Disconnect the sensor (behind the rear view mirror) and it will revert to intermitent and the dial will be delay between wipes.

You cant have both working at the same time. Its either auto wipe or intermitent.

neil i actually played with this for the first time last night, and i decided it's coming out. it winds me up to the point of being the guy sitting in a twingo swearing at the air infront of him. i can imagine how wound up you get too lol