RS160 - Twingo Gordini #159

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
manofhow":3fzbo2i2 said:
so is it all done now or just want it back for now?
Standalone ECU is still on the cards to get it 100% and it opens up the possibility of TB's

waitey":3fzbo2i2 said:
singlespeed":3fzbo2i2 said:
I'm contempating flying down to pick the car up, once I get home in a couple of weeks time :cool:

Not because I need it, but I miss it :(

Join their Facebook page and you'll see it in almost every car park picture, you can then print one, frame it and carry it around with you :lol:
Thats a low shot :( I've a few pics for desktop wallpapers and as Maggi mentions, I've spotted it a few times on the KTR Facebook page. I guess you don't love your Dini as you still have the Blaze GT as your avatar :roll:

Rovico":3fzbo2i2 said:
then they are marketing the camshafts or not?
I imagine they will be, but theres not been many road miles on either of the engines with these two profiles fitted. I should be able to sort that by getting home which is a 10 hour 600 mile trip unless I make any diversions on the way. Backroads, A-roads and motorway sections should allow for a decent opinion on how the stage two profiles drive off the rollers.
[email protected] or their Facebook page ;)

MovingShadow":3fzbo2i2 said:
Catcam actually makes the one that Singlespeed has https://www.catcams.com/index.htm (Belgian company)
KTR did the cam timing trials for the stage two profiles on behalf of Catcams, so the new grinds should be a direct swap using Renault timing tools. Catcams also have a UK side, with a Facebook page which can help to get Matts attention

Join their Facebook page and you'll see it in almost every car park picture, you can then print one, frame it and carry it around with you :lol:[/quote]
Thats a low shot :( I've a few pics for desktop wallpapers and as Maggi mentions, I've spotted it a few times on the KTR Facebook page. I guess you don't love your Dini as you still have the Blaze GT as your avatar :roll: [/quote]

24579096.jpg

Neil have they given any idea of when it'll be finished? David emailed me at the start of February to say the cams would be ready for sale in a couple of week from then ... :(

James-Hilton":3hknhrlq said:
Neil have they given any idea of when it'll be finished? David emailed me at the start of February to say the cams would be ready for sale in a couple of week from then ... :(

They're already for sale on catcams site aren't they? A link was posted above somewhere ;)

James-Hilton":2i5dn2vv said:
Just off the phone with David. The delay in releasing the cams has been they have been working on getting the protocols read from their cars ECU and sorted for releasing as Renflash upgrades, as this will then allow cams and Renflash to be a package which would be good for overseas or more remote customers.

You could probably go direct to Catcams and get a set of cams now, and have them fitted/mapped somewhere but whoever did the mapping would be starting from scratch where as K-tec now have quite a bit of data from their car and mine.

How's the car Neil? I'm sure I read somewhere on here you were picking it up at some point

markhardy":31xwvh1m said:
How's the car Neil? I'm sure I read somewhere on here you were picking it up at some point

Think he was suppose to get it yesterday, probably too tired to post after such a long and fun drive home, or he's still driving :lol:

20130427_183937.jpg
Heres the graph from the North West rr shoot out.
Once it gets its legs, it pulls well as the torque doesn't drop off... basicaly meeting my original goal of good mid to top end torque, so im well happy :cool: