Rust

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

holliedynamique

Reaction score
:( :( Ive been cleaning my car today and I already knew there was a build up of tar spots on the back which is why I brought Tarmalade by Dodo Juice, I left it on for a while to dwell and most of the bad stuff came off but there are a few big rusty looking patches on the boot lid, I remember someone on here mentioning there RS 133 had to go back due to rust and im typically worrying as going back tomoz to renault to mention the lack of laquer on the front bumper, do I just need stronger tar remover or mention the spot to Renault aswell? I dont want them to think im a moaner

I would mention it and just say you want it checked out. That's what they are there for!

maggi112":262uag2m said:
Could be iron contamination, but this is usually in spots. Has it bubbled in anyway?

No not that I can see but when I rub my nail over it, the spot dips into the paint rather than stick proud of the laquer, its only on the boot, the stuff on the bumper came off with the Dodo Juice although I did get the spot i think is rust less copper colour using it

holliedynamique":2ehipu6p said:
maggi112":2ehipu6p said:
No not that I can see but when I rub my nail over it, the spot dips into the paint rather than stick proud of the laquer, its only on the boot, the stuff on the bumper came off with the Dodo Juice although I did get the spot i think is rust less copper colour using it
I've got a spot like that, on the front bumper, just put it down to a stone chip... Didn't even think of it being anything else!

Okay had a look on the internet at iron contamination and the pictures match what mine look like, whats best to use to get it off? It says new cars can suffer with this due to being in transport and mine was sat around for a bit in france over christmas as it couldnt get over here due to the snow etc. Im guessing i should start off by claying the area?

Courtney":3jnkwgfd said:
holliedynamique":3jnkwgfd said:
maggi112":3jnkwgfd said:
I've got a spot like that, on the front bumper, just put it down to a stone chip... Didn't even think of it being anything else!

If its on the plastic bit of the bumper rather than the bonnet it wouldnt be rust so dont worry will most likely be tar build up from the roads, hope this helps :D

matbry01":3lj1op1i said:
indeed use a clay kit best way reaily !

Brilliant ill do that tomoz :D Its too easy to spot tar etc. on white, I used to clay bar My previous car but it was black so I never noticed stuff only scratches and everything else lol :lol:

Clay will. BUT try wolfs brake buster. It's amazing stuff, only £10 for a litre and will do a few cars and you'll need it again in like 6 months on white. It basically disolves the spots, it's incredible. less touching the better ;)

holliedynamique":13i1az13 said:
matbry01":13i1az13 said:
indeed use a clay kit best way reaily !

Brilliant ill do that tomoz :D Its too easy to spot tar etc. on white, I used to clay bar My previous car but it was black so I never noticed stuff only scratches and everything else lol :lol:

oh yes ! i had this issue when i first got mine went over newly layed tar and it was plasterd ! i used the meguires clay kit works a treet ! it also just shows black browny spots just spray and clay :D you got my number sweet give us a bell or something :) x

Thanks everyone :D, the man i work for with detailing, said clay and some stronger tar remover may work, but he reminded me bout the other day when he went to the Kawasaki plant in plymouth as a company nearby it had iron particles flying out there factory and many new cars and old cars surrounding that area suddenly had severe rusty spots and what looked like tar, I only live across the river and my boyfriend lives in a big estate directly behind so im thinking it could be this?