Sams GT progress

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam666

Reaction score
i got a quote for fitting the de-cat pipe today £115 i will be buying this in a few weeks along with some other item which no one has put on there twingo before ;)
p.s its contained in some screen wash :lol:

sam666":1gpgidyw said:
i got a quote for fitting the de-cat pipe today £115 i will be buying this in a few weeks along with some other item which no one has put on there twingo before ;)

Methanol/water injection either onto an intercooler or into the air intake?

Dubz":7j0q5kyb said:
sam666":7j0q5kyb said:

Methanol/water injection either onto an intercooler or into the air intake?
yep having it on the cooler running it 50/50 maybe sometime's 70/30 ;)

decat law is a strange one. A decat is not illegal, having a car that will not pass an emissions test is.

so if you are stopped by VOSA with an on site emissions test then you could possibly run into problems, traffic cops even if your decat is clear as day, they would need to prove the car couldn't pass an emissions test.

ive ran decats on most my cars for years and never had any issues

Dubz":olx1v7yp said:
How come not into the air intake?
my bad its going on the hard pipe just after the intercooler im buying a devils own meth injection kit with adjustable boost sensor settings hoping for about 15+ bhp with screen wash and 25 bhp at 75/25 mix ;)

They say expect an increase of 10-15% just got to make sure the fuel pump can handle dumping more fuel when the methanol pump is on

Is screenwash recommend or just a cheap way of getting some alcolol mix? I'd have thought the detergents would start to compromise the oil/ piston bore lubrication.

Is this a progresive addition to gradualy increase the boost, or just pump on/off?

singlespeed":1o7y7wla said:
Is screenwash recommend or just a cheap way of getting some alcolol mix? I'd have thought the detergents would start to compromise the oil/ piston bore lubrication.

Is this a progresive addition to gradualy increase the boost, or just pump on/off?
well screenwash is recommended for day to day running by many people that use it also is cheap.

i am buying a pump on pump off kit ill have it set to about 7-8 psi so plodding around it wont be getting used but when i go over 7 psi of boost it will come on. my mate that will be installing it for me has it on his golf g60 and ibiza cupra never had any problems it also should cool the ceramic pistons down as well by 300 deg ;)

JE_GT":2exwumzq said:
Nice, is it expensive?
the kit with everything you need is about £400 and you will do about a 2 gallons of screen wash to a tank of petrol if you going fast alot so basically an extra £5 per tank of petrol i will find out what screen wash my mate uses. he gets it from eurocar parts not sure what one it is ;)

sam666":bqgnbwai said:
also will boost the octane to like 117-120
:? You will still be using 95, 97 or 98 (pick whichever one applies)

The cooling effect, reduces the chance of detonation/knock, so the ignition timing could be changed to values which are comparable to those used with high octane race spec fuels. If you ran an ECU which could detect the point of water injection and modify the timing map to take full advantage of it, it would help

Although, with the Twingo ECU not having additional inputs to let it know your adding water/meth, you would probably need to map in loads of advance and rely on the knock sensor pulling the timing back when not adding water... realy dodgy if the knock sensor doesn't detect the knock.

JE_GT":io1h2pre said:
So to take full advantage of it you will need a decent aftermarket ecu, which is an expensive addition
I would imagine so, but Sam has probably looked into it more, so may be able to comment better. I guess the aditional cooling and water expansion rate as its turned to steam would still have a benefit of increasing cylinder presures. . I read up on it when researching the nitrous instalation and also know of water/meth for increasing thrust of gas turbines... Think of a Harrier in the hover.

singlespeed":1ooqbryj said:
JE_GT":1ooqbryj said:
So to take full advantage of it you will need a decent aftermarket ecu, which is an expensive addition
I would imagine so, but Sam has probably looked into it more, so may be able to comment better. I guess the aditional cooling and water expansion rate as its turned to steam would still have a benefit of increasing cylinder presures. . I read up on it when researching the nitrous instalation and also know of water/meth for increasing thrust of gas turbines... Think of a Harrier in the hover.
as neil said you could use a after market ecu to push for that little bit more but its not needed. you will still make 15+ bhp easy on the oem ecu. my mate that running it on his cars on the ibiza 1.8 cupra it made 44 bhp more with 70/30 meth/water also another benefit of running it is that the water acts like a steam cleaner to the engine and gets rid of carbon build up and what not and helps stop premature detonation ;)