Scan gauge

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pritchp

Reaction score
Hey all,

i've got a few questions about scan gauges... im very tempted to get one.. but

1) where do i get one from and how much
2) are they easy to fit..can anyone on here do it for me? haha money your way..obv...

Thanks guys!

eBay £100 ish and from 'dealers' (or here... https://www.ukobd.co.uk/vmchk/Hand-held- ... auge2.html)
Yes there's a plug in the glovebox so no need to pay others. Tho the location of the gauge may mean you need other peoples help for drilling/cutting purposes

Thanks!

Are they worth it? would people recommend it and can it cause any problems with the car?

Im still deciding, Al has one IIRC, they don't interfere with the car it only outputs what the ECU monitors as standard.

cant u get an app for iphone and android to do it?

surely thats going to be loads cheaper?

You can, but you need a sender unit from the ECU still and it works out actually more.

think i might buy one..

...im just worried it might show up error codes and i don't wanna know if there are problems with my car:p

Good buy for the GT because of MAP and intake temp. Without oil temp sensor not so much use for RS

Ok,

Can someone please give me details about getting one/is it worth it/ what i can do with it/review of the product so i can make my mind up.. i dont wanna commit £120+ on one if there is no point using it!

Well that site I posted earlier tells you exactly what it monitors therefore the decision is up to you if it's worth it. What you want to monitor may not be what others want to. For what they are they are very good pieces of kit, I've not heard a bad word against them. Whaen I get some proper spare cash I'll be getting one.

Honestly Rob, you'd probably have no real need for it.

I got one because I needed to know when the engine (water) was up to temp or as accurate temp as I could get. Oil obviously being a more reliable source.

I have it set to MPG, BHP (utterly pointless but well worth 5 mins of coding lol), Water temp and battery voltage.

There's loads of things you can select to display as either trip or gauge, changing the screen colour etc but in reality I don't need it on the road.

i was thinking using it for MPG

how have u fitted yours as the cable is completely hidden!?

pritchp":2wwntrdt said:
Al, can you answer please :/

Patience! I put the cable through the hole in the glovebox and through the lower dash then under the central cup holder bit. Cable is completely hidden but needed a hole cut in the cup holder bit.

DSC01893.jpg

looks soo tidy!

just need to decide whether to get one or not!