Scraped underside of car on curb.

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanPaul7

Reaction score
So I was parked with 2 of my left wheels on a curb earlier which I got up by driving up a dropped section. When I came back however there was cars blocking the dropped sections of curb and I had to drive straight off, which is when I heard the most horrific metalic scrape and a thud. I couldn't stop at the time and the car felt fine to drive so I headed to work. It was fine all the way but with such a loud sound I'm sure something must be damaged
Is there anything in particular that I should look for? Haven't checked yet as its raining heavily and I'm kind of dreading what I will find...

pretty sure nothing will be wrong with the car, that's just the usual noise when metal scrapes the ground. it will have been your sills scraping and nothing more. stop worrying!

Same happened to me, except when I dropped off the kerb my sill landed on a rock(some tramps kindly left some rubble near where I was parked, so some obviously fell under my car)
Car was fine, apart from my sill with a nice little dint in it :eek:

lets get a hammer on that sill and bash it back into shape sullii :D don't be scared! jeremy clarkson it