seatbelts locked

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neill70

Reaction score
I had my rear seats out of my gt for over a year, I have put them back in but the seatbelts are now locked solid and I cant budge them, I cant even holt them backbto the car as they are to short to reach.

Any ideas how to free them up?

The reel has an inertia device built into it, so it needs to be in the same orientation as when its bolted into the car. In that position, try pulling the belt out.

singlespeed":25a38y4r said:
The reel has an inertia device built into it, so it needs to be in the same orientation as when its bolted into the car. In that position, try pulling the belt out.

As singlespeed said they don't work unless in the same position so just bolt them back In and they should work :) I crapped myself when the same thing happened in the blue car lol but it was all good

Will try it but I dont have enough slack to refit them with the seats bolted in, does the whole thing ome apart if this dosent work?

remove the seatbelt at the top or bottom and then pull and then bingo!? this would sort it :) or do it the old schoolers way, sit on a steep hill and yank on it!