Seats

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex12fowler

Reaction score
My dad runs his own business braking cars and often brakes boxsters. What are the chances of getting the front seats out of one of them to fit in the twingo? Cheers

With a bit/lot of modification to the base of the seat I suppose anything is possible
I imagine you'd just have to buy an aftermarket Twingo subframe and then figure out a way to attach the boxster seat to that and then just bolt the subframe in.

alex12fowler":16k08ndu said:
My dad runs his own business braking cars and often brakes boxsters. What are the chances of getting the front seats out of one of them to fit in the twingo? Cheers

very easily. how do you think i'm the only twingo with subaru impreza OEM buckets? you'll need the sliding rails from the bottom of the GT seats, they'll take a bit of barbarian strength to get the internal brackets out from inside of them. hammer and a long reach flat head screwdriver or just a big screwdriver, and batter them out. measure the floor bolt gaps should be something like 21cm (i cant remember.) and measure the distance from bolt hole to bolt hole with something basic like below (CAD eat your heart out)

<---->
21cm (or w/e you measure the width as from bolt hole to bolt hole)

and then measure this width onto the bottom of your new chosen seats. make sure the new seats will be wide enough to allow you to weld the rails onto the existing rails on those seats which will allow you to maintain the sliding back and forth action. not a penny spent, nobody needs these silly OMP / Insert Brand Here mounting rails if you use a bit of innitiative. for the passenger airbag light, i got advised by 3 auto electricians to NEVER fit a resistor into the system so i'll take their word for it. turn the drivers side airbag off via a clip computer in the equipment list, bingo!

Not everyone wants to butcher their standard seats so that they can't be used again?

Hardly expensive for the omp seat bits you need... And there's nothing wrong with using resistors. People have been doing that with out problems for ages...

markhardy":2zrh99p1 said:
Not everyone wants to butcher their standard seats so that they can't be used again?

Hardly expensive for the omp seat bits you need... And there's nothing wrong with using resistors. People have been doing that with out problems for ages...

okay :) well i was just going by the advice of three automotive electricians mark. i was baffled myself as to why you shouldn't do it as well, but i do respect that it's their job to know the ins and outs of the SRS system and they recommended using clip to turn the airbag light off so i took their advice and for anything electrical, i'll always consult an auto electrician and not a forum or a mechanic (i deffinately have not much of a clue about anything electrical!!) i couldn't even profess to know the reason why you shouldn't use them!

on the seat fronts, that's a good idea if the OP wishes to keep the old seats for sure! i stuck mines in the skip and ebayed the SRS airbags lol