SENNA

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick3814

Reaction score
20 years today, the greatest, a huge miss :(

ejunuqa8.jpg
a4e5umyg.jpg
e8aqejup.jpg
pa9abazy.jpg

RIP

8b80c324a7963796c3ee7a21974c04a9.jpg

the day that my world stood still. i was 6 years old and me and my dad always watched formula 1 together. i always remembered him as the one that done ridiculous overtakes and was super aggressive. i remember seeing the crash live on television, i didn't really understand what happened because i was small but i knew it was bad. i remember my dad being distraught.

i appreciate that i have no right to say he was my hero, but in later years looking back on all of his seasons my jaw still rests on my knees when i see some of the moves that ayrton pulled off. he was the first memory i had of cars, he's what got me wanting to take my toy cars to pieces.

colin mcrae / ayrton senna. the two greatest men to ever touch the wheel of a car,
flat out until the end boys.

RIP AYRTON - for me he'll be remembered for many reasons but the stand out one was his ability to balance a car right on the ragged edge. I've seen many videos as I've grown up but it always blows me away how Senna could extract performance when there was apparently "none left." He was and still will be the greatest driver of our lifetime.

Dave you're bang on about McRae as well pal..... Right with you on that one.

Don't forget Roland Ratzenberger died too, just because he'd only started his career doesn't mean it wasn't just as a tragic a loss...

Mr_Ben":35kc6jw6 said:
Don't forget Roland Ratzenberger died too, just because he'd only started his career doesn't mean it wasn't just as a tragic a loss...

Yeah he gets forgotten about doesn't he!
:( was a horrific weekend all round! Just awful!