Service Time ..

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah very, ive just got a letter from renault saying my next ones free :D

Monster Detail":kpltgznb said:
Danny133":kpltgznb said:
im remapped .. i have loads of mods .. my 2nd service is 5 months late

lol

None of that means your warranty is void mate. Just like insurance companies, Renault can't tell you've had the remap. Any other modifications/the late service are fine, unless Renault can prove that one of them is the direct cause of any given failure.

both renault and your insurance company can tell if your car has been remapped which will instantly void your insurance ;) it wont void your warranty as long as all your mods dont add up to a certain amount (£2000 i think including sound gear)

TURBO":1x0evsfa said:
Monster Detail":1x0evsfa said:
Danny133":1x0evsfa said:

lol

None of that means your warranty is void mate. Just like insurance companies, Renault can't tell you've had the remap. Any other modifications/the late service are fine, unless Renault can prove that one of them is the direct cause of any given failure.

both renault and your insurance company can tell if your car has been remapped which will instantly void your insurance ;) it wont void your warranty as long as all your mods dont add up to a certain amount (£2000 i think including sound gear)

Neither the manufacturer, or the insurance company can prove that you have had a remap.

I used to work for Nissan/Renault UK and there is definitely not a certain value of modifications which voids your warranty.

Out of interest, where did you hear about the £2000 modification limit because there is no policy that is even remotely like that.

Monster Detail":3sdlirow said:
TURBO":3sdlirow said:
Monster Detail":3sdlirow said:
Danny133":3sdlirow said:

lol

Neither the manufacturer, or the insurance company can prove that you have had a remap.

I used to work for Nissan/Renault UK and there is definitely not a certain value of modifications which voids your warranty.

Out of interest, where did you hear about the £2000 modification limit because there is no policy that is even remotely like that.

i work for renault and went to court about five years ago as a witness to confirm that beyond all doubt over £2000 had been spent on mods.
which at the time made the warranty void.
think the figure has changed now but im sure there still is a price limit?! :?

manufactures do find it VERY hard to prove if your car has been mapped but insurance companies employ engineer trained assessors who have access to base maps/factory settings to see and can prove if your uch/ecu has been mapped/tappered with.
maps are one one the most common things that people dont declare because they think "it cant be proved" and it can

TURBO":24qtxcam said:
Monster Detail":24qtxcam said:
TURBO":24qtxcam said:
Monster Detail":24qtxcam said:
Danny133":24qtxcam said:

lol

i work for renault and went to court about five years ago as a witness to confirm that beyond all doubt over £2000 had been spent on mods.
which at the time made the warranty void.
think the figure has changed now but im sure there still is a price limit?! :?

manufactures do find it VERY hard to prove if your car has been mapped but insurance companies employ engineer trained assessors who have access to base maps/factory settings to see and can prove if your uch/ecu has been mapped/tappered with.
maps are one one the most common things that people dont declare because they think "it cant be proved" and it can

Do you work for Renault UK, or for a dealership mate?

I once dealt with a customer who was enquiring about modifications and how they would affect his warranty. He started saying that he had heard about this money limit from somewhere. I was able to confirm that there is no such limit and that the rules are much simpler than that: If any failure during the warranty period can be attributed to a modification, then the warranty will not cover the repair costs of that particular failure. Otherwise, your warranty will cover for the repair costs of any failure that is deemed a manufacturing defect, within the first 3 years or 60,000 miles of the vehicle's life (whichever comes first).

I don't know about your court case but I'd imagine the monetary value of modifications may have had a different relevance.

I work for Renault dealership as a mechanic and in the passed 5 years I've been there never heard of a money limit etc. But as said before if can be found to be due to mods not covered by warranty.

We dont rip any customers off. Treat them well and keep them happy they will always come back :)

Twingogeekeo":1m7jcsqx said:
We dont rip any customers off. Treat them well and keep them happy they will always come back :)

I didn't say that SMC ripped people off at all, just that they definitely don't rip you off. Unfortunately, the same can't be said for most Renault dealers.

Monster Detail":yu07rl2j said:
Twingogeekeo":yu07rl2j said:

I didn't say that SMC ripped people off at all, just that they definitely don't rip you off. Unfortunately, the same can't be said for most Renault dealers.

I know it was aimed at us :lol:

Yea i get mine cheaper them your avarage job public as i work for the company but we can still do great deals for people. Matt got a qoute the other day from us also we keep getting people from the Clio197.net forum bringing there cars here for the service and price. Got them coming form essex, Midlands alsorts :lol: Also Al could tell you the price was right and the service is spot on.

I know there is a few dealers out there that arent so helpfull i get told it all the time by other customers or the dealers dont have the Renaultsport knewledge.

We got a reveiw done on us by a customer to RUK the other day and he praised my service and knowledge on the Renaultsport brand :) (now that sounds big headed )