Sharp pedals

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i havent noticed my pedals being sharp,

a small file to the sharp edges should help, and as at the back, u wont be able to see it

frediiii":l1q87zv0 said:
my advice: don't stick your shoes under the pedals... honestly, what are you doing?

It happens when getting in and out, not while I'm driving. I'm fairly tall so might experience problems that smaller people wouldn't.

It hasn't happened for a few months now because I'm aware of it. But I've just bought new shoes and nearly scraped them which reminded me about it.

Once had to drive without a shoe (due to dog shit) and caught my foot under the brake pedal..... Lots of blood ensued

maggi112":21adf4rh said:
Well don't step in it then. Honestly...
wasnt intentional, bet the new owner is happy i didnt do this...

[youtube]Ap93iAmPfRU[/youtube]

Monster Detail":oyomtcgb said:
Can anyone suggest a way of solving this fairly basic problem, as it's ruined so many pairs of new shoes now.

Wear a pair of old shoes for driving. :idea:

awch my main man, don't be affraid to get a bit of electricians tape on there. if nobodys going to ever know it's there, because who the heck looks at your pedals especially the underside lmao ..... do it! :)

180 or 240 grit emery or wet n dry paper would take off any sharp edges from the edge of the pressed aluminium covers without any ploblems and leave a rounded edge.

A finer grit of 400 would get rid of any marks from the coarse paper and maybe finish with a scouring pad to clean up the whole peddle to leave an even clean finish