Short shifter

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liam_allaan

Reaction score
Anyone know if there is a short shifter available for twingos? If so anyone know where I can get one???

Liam_allaan":1x1tdrix said:
Anyone know if there is a short shifter available for twingos? If so anyone know where I can get one???
I was in talk with pure motorsport about a twingo short shift (same style as they do for the clio) but not alot came from it. Well worth giving them a bell and having a chat.

They have a kit for Clio II RS 182, I think. Since it's the same gearbox it should fit. Should :)

it's not the same gear box I think

but it can fit as renault part look all the same

The RS has a cable linkage so it won't fit [emoji17]

The Twingo133 has JR5176 gearbox, with cable linkage, as said above. If somebody found a way to improve the shifting for these types of linkages, SPEAK now ! :D

we're looking at developing some new parts for the Twingo this year so will have a look to see whether it's something that is feasible for us to produce..

Kam Racing":22zn5oxj said:
we're looking at developing some new parts for the Twingo this year so will have a look to see whether it's something that is feasible for us to produce..

Yes! I'm down for one! But only if it's a longer stick, like the CAE Ultra shortshifters (but not the price :mrgreen: )

Kam Racing":1ktwyh4t said:

The shifting for the twingo is the same as for all the cable guided shifters from Renault. If you have in your offer something like that, you should only try it on a twingo. Might work.

Kam Racing":1ieqyrv4 said:

+1 for the short shifter, or better gear linkages :)

As I spoke on Facebook, I managed to put on my 133 engine & gearbox on my Dacia Logan. I made a shortshifter system on my own.

On the gearbox, the cables are attached on some balljoints. I took out the balljoints and welded them 1cm to the support of the linkage. The result is a shorter linkage.

I have a photo, but I cannot upload it now, don't know why