Sidelights on facelift

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaronjoy

Reaction score
Ordered some Philips blue vision ultra h4's and sidelights, I'm not really sure on how to change the sidelights on the facelift model, looks quite awkward! Any pointers?

I remember looking at them, whilst changing the headlight bulbs. With them looking like a pain, decided to leave standard type filament bulbs in as LEDs seem to be less reliable.

You can access them from the back (individual plugs), but you will need to remove the inner mudguard, the other easier way is to remove the black bezel by rotating to the left (use the palm of your hand) , then unscrew the three securing screws (torx Drive) and pull the whole unit out.

Hope this helps

Rob

Think I'll take the whole unit out, seems easier than jacking the car up and removing the wheel and mudguard! Thanks for your help

For any people in future struggling with this, the best and easiest way is definitely to remove the bezel as spitfire said, turning it to the left with the palm of your hand and be careful not to break the clips. use a T20 torx screwdriver (available from B&Q for a fiver, stanley 100mm) to loosen both screws, then the unit will pull out still attached by the fog and sidelight wires.
Change the bulbs and jobs a good'n!

Again, thanks for everyones help. Phillips blue vision ultra bulbs are cracking, still original style bulbs, none of this LED stuff, but very crisp :)

Aaronjoy":tm67aa55 said:
For any people in future struggling with this, the best and easiest way is definitely to remove the bezel as spitfire said, turning it to the left with the palm of your hand and be careful not to break the clips. use a T20 torx screwdriver (available from B&Q for a fiver, stanley 100mm) to loosen both screws, then the unit will pull out still attached by the fog and sidelight wires.
Change the bulbs and jobs a good'n!

Again, thanks for everyones help. Phillips blue vision ultra bulbs are cracking, still original style bulbs, none of this LED stuff, but very crisp :)

phillips? aaron half of this forums going to hillbilly you with pitchforks if you don't edit that to osram nb+ lol, just kidding. those phillips are awesome, couple of the boys i know use them and i can't see much of a difference in luminosity between them and the osrams, i suppose it's a question of price and reliability. are they reliable bulbs in your experience?

Haha yeah I've had night breakers in my last car, they are great bulbs but I thought I'd have a change! Osrams were reliable bulbs for me definitely, I'd have to see how these go as the Philips are my first set, still waiting on the headlight bulbs at the moment though.