silverstone track day

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daveyb133

Reaction score
looks wet out there mate.

some nice pics!

glad u enjoyed it

Well that was a slap in the face!
Spent £100 on fuel getting there and back, £36 on accommodation, £70 down considering i missed a day of work and money spent on serivce station food and drink probably came to £25
So i spent over £200 to be told to come back in a few months...i know they can't help it but seriously...what a waste of time and money!

decbolton":1gqbq7ds said:
ahh that does suck :/ i may have seen you there i was in the group that had actually gotten ago. if your that annoyed i'd go again for you ;) but yeah, try and get free photo's or something when you go?

As soon as i got to the pits i was ushered to the clio, so didn't have time to spy anyone else sorry :p
Brought my own photographer and had my iPhone recording from my pocket xD Maybe a free t-shirt and coffee
The day wasn't a total loss though, got some photos of me sitting in the clio and putting a helmet on :|

It would seem that all the Renaultsport events organised at Silverstone are blighted with stupid amounts of rain. We did it in 2010 where we were greeted by a monsoon. Last year was exactly the same and would seem like today also.

decbolton":1al1c3zy said:
haha, your mate was the guy dashing about taking pics with a hat on?
Thats the chap! Got some bloody good shots though. Just had his £2000 camera stolen from his car so had to borrow a 550d for the day. Once he sends the photos i'll get them uplaoded! Even if they are just pit shots :evil:

N0ddie":1al1c3zy said:
It would seem that all the Renaultsport events organised at Silverstone are blighted with stupid amounts of rain. We did it in 2010 where we were greeted by a monsoon. Last year was exactly the same and would seem like today also.
Im hoping when i rebook in the summer i can break the chain of bad luck!

That section of track looks like its been resurfaced? Best tip I got from the circuit instructors was to avoid the racing line in the wet as its like ice.

Managed to avoid it until I had an arse twitching moment going into the first corner lol.

DSC00532.jpg

A shot of the weather we experienced when there in 2010 RS trackday. RS days are definately cursed.

Truly sorry for you guys, Silverstone is miserable in the wet and totally unrideable on a 750 Suzuki as I found out years ago. I'm still waiting for the next dates to be released so I can book my session.

On a lighter note, did a great trackday on Saturday at Blyton Park near Gainsborough, Lincs. sharing my son's Clio 182 - the circuit would be great for the Twingo, I may be tempted later in the year. The day was organised by Apex Track days and cost about £120.00 including second driver and free Instructor, Mike of Apex is a totally sound guy and I would recommend them as track day organisers.

Cheers, Den

Finally booked 12th May at 8:30 a.m. as I am now just under 16 stone and 6' 3" without my groovy platform shoes ( they weren't that great to drive in anyway! ). Twingo is up to 4k miles with no issues, very tempted to do a track day following a great session at Mallory Park in my son's 182, reckon the Twingo could easily crack 60 seconds, just need a set of Toyo's maybe 205-40-17 888's.