Smaller alloys (182s etc)

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrDrew

Reaction score
Was originally thinking of this for winter wheels, but the fact that my commute is about to grow massively has lead me to consider whether it's worth going for a smaller set of alloys such as 2118s or 182 alloys.

So my question to those of you who have 15/16" alloys on 133s is - does it have any positive effect at all in the real world on road noise/ride comfort or will it just give me a larger range of cheaper tyres?

I noticed a difference in comfort. But only slightly.
Road noise seems reduced too, but I'm comparing worn 17" tyres to new 16" and different brands, so not comparable at all realistically.

The choice is far greater, and they're better value too. And I love how the 182s look on a good drop.
I'm unsure on standard height, if they were black on white like mine i think it would look on stilts but they look good on chickens and Chris' cars.

Either 16s or 15s look great mate. Greater tyre choice, less chance of damage due to pot holes etc, and I think 17s just don't suit the car

More comfortable with 15s on my Wind. I've just had to invest in a new pair of fronts - and I was surprised by how much the price has gone up. £56 each for 205/50-15 Uniroyals. I'm sure I only paid about £40 a corner, last year.

You may have cost as a secondary consideration, but if you're doing high mileage, it custs your tyre cost in half and will soon add up.