Snapped spring

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sullii94

Reaction score
Front left spring has snapped on my GT
Where is the best place to get one?
And when do you think it'd arrive? :/

hey mate, give me a pm and i'll get you one posted for cheaper than you'd pay anywhere else (OEM renault offcourse) i'll let you know the price first thing monday morning, and if that's good for you then paypal me the funds straight away and you'll have it by tuesday afternoon or wednesday at the latest.

(i'm sure you can trust me lol, i've done this for a few folk on here with no issues .... well no issues yet, however i might steal all your cash ..... i might not, it's a chance you're going to have to take ;) lol!

i'll need your registration! also, it's a good idea to change both springs whilst you're there. it's to do with trim height etc, the older 'good' spring will be a little bit lower than the other one due to old age and how long do you want to bet on it lasting before that one commits suicide as well?. always recommended to change / buy in pairs. most garages will refuse to do just one spring :) i know we do!

Where abouts are you from mate?
What day would you get the springs? If its Friday/Saturday i could come over and collect them? Dont mind driving (Dads taxi) :D

wait ... i thought this was friday mate, my bad! i can get you a price tomorrow morning first thing if you give me your registration :) the price includes postage either way and i'm from glasgow. it'll have to be posted to mines, so even if you lived ten minutes away it's still be cheaper to post it directly to you from the supplier. i dont the same things recently for one of the members on here who needed gordini strips got him 20% off renault prices and that included the cost of postage :)

Ahh right thats sound mate! :)
When would it be delivered though? If it was delivered to me Tuesday id be fucked all weekend :/
Would it be at mine for this weekend? Or at yours?

won't be going to mines, it's sent directly to yours bud. and it'll be next day delivery, i don't know how the postal system works so i can't comment on wether or not you'll get a saturday delivery or a monday delivery and that's assuming theres stock (which there usually always is)

another option would be to get OE spec springs, ie go to a local independant garage and just get two cheap springs from dingbro etc (there is NOTHING wrong with this sort of stuff, anyone who tells you otherwise needs to SHUT UP because they have never worked in a garage therefore their opinion must be ignored.)

anyway, PM me your registration right now as im heading out

renault, but i meant OE specification so that these aftermarket springs meet the same specifications as the originals from renault. you can pick them up from eurocarparts / dingbro / uniparts so on so forth, or your local motorfactors .... again, you will probably have to wait for the springs to be ordered ; you should be able to get them on saturday if you do that.

i prefer going aftermarket anyway. you get all the good companies like valeo / bosch / quinton hazell etc to choose from amongst many. companies that make OEM equipment for other huge car manufacturers .... yet many many people will say ''don't buy that cheap crap'' hahahahahaha. let me know if you get some tomorrow from your local motorfactors mate (Y)

Going to try euro car parts soon as there's one near me
If not I'll let you know oscar :) this always seems to happen near the weekend! Haha!
Also, when I had my last MOT if failed on a snapped spring(the right one) and I think they only changed the 1, could this cause the other to break?

it wouldn't cause it to break, but it isn't doing it any favours. it means that once the new spring is on, the suspension system is only as strong as the weakest point on the system which most probably is going to be the old spring and the new spring is going to make one side of your car sit higher than the other side.

put it this way, you woudn't change the front right brake pads and leave the old front lefts in would you lol

Got the spring tonight :)
Only got the 1 as the other isn't that old(as you've all read) so should be okay till I sort out some other suspension arrangements ;)

63feecc0f368285b397f63586d777a2a4b6a1502875cb097.jpg