Snow Foam

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blaked93

Reaction score
Best Brand to buy? I have the piece that turns it to foam, but mine doesn't make it thick :(. Just runs quite a bit.

Personally I like Valet Pro pH Neutral snow foam, gets fairly thick as seen on my old peugeot. (The only picture I seem to have of snow foaming)

Photo0156.jpg

Always been curious.. Does it leave any residue on the ground if it dries out before you wash it away?

blaked93":19e8ef4s said:
Best Brand to buy? I have the piece that turns it to foam, but mine doesn't make it thick :(. Just runs quite a bit.
Are you using a lance that has the option to adjust the spray size etc or are you using a bog standard one like the ones that come with karcher pressure washers and cannot be adjusted?

Dubz":xkavgw4n said:
Always been curious.. Does it leave any residue on the ground if it dries out before you wash it away?
Some foam can be thicker than others and may stay on the ground for a while. Maggi uses a foam which stays for some time I believe. I've never noticed any residue in the ground afterwards though.

I've used Autobrites magifoam for the past couple of years and use there own snow foam lance. Always works great for me but it does take a few attempts to get the thing dialled in to get it nice and thick.

It does leave a a small about on the drive after I have washed the car but it's pretty much gone over night. Not exactly a cheap way to clean the car by the time you have added the jet wash in to the equation but It's defiantly a good way to help clean the car as it takes most of the nasty stuff off before running a sponge over it.

I've never really been sold on foaming a car in general, always seems like a novelty. Had a foam lance for years now, tried various shampoos through it and have used Valet Pro PH Neutral Snow Foam for a while but never really seems to shift much grime.

The way people talk about it you'd think it's almost a touchless wash but personally I don't see it as any better than using a pressure wash and pre-soaking with water first.

A friend of mine runs Devine Detail and says much the same, he absolutely raves about pre-soaking the vehicle with a wax friendly citrus degreaser in a pressured bottle. Pre-soak the car, leave then rinse off and apparently it really lifts the dirt off the car as you then pressure wash it off. I'm waiting for a bottle from him so will let you know how that goes.