snow socks

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

any one brought/used them?

for anyone that hasnt heard of them, like a wrapping that covers your wheels like a chain would and uses sticky fabric to get grip on snow

haha! im looking for a set at the moment for 20" wheels.......

Have seen them about and work collegue thinking of buying some. For a twingo tho i not sure wether it would make an improvement or not.

Was considering buying some of these but didn't... wish I did now, though the Twingo seems to be alright in the snow!

Have seen a few people driving with them in the last couple of days and loads of people raving about them. Think I'll buy some in the Summer when they're all discounted because we're meant to be having winters like this for a loooong time.

wishing i got them a while ago from demon tweeks, not selling them now and finding a place that has them in sock is a right pain. not fussed on getting them for backs though

Nah I wouldn't bother with the back either.. I think they're only designed for driven/steering wheels so in our case one pair of socks covers it all :)

Should make snow drifting a little easier, too.. Grip to get speed and corner but no grip on back ;p

i am tempted to get thin small inch snow tyres if this is going to happen year after year. might whack on the thinner conti3 and get socks for them. should be easier to cut through the snow

Snow socks are good for a little bit of snow but for deep stuff the best option is winter tyres ,i'm buying winter tyres in the summer for the spare wheels i have lol

By winter tyres are you referring to studded tyres or simply tyres with larger treads designed for winter use? Just wondering what the costs are like of either really..

Bigger threads that cut through the snow and also disperse water/slush, winter tyres work best below 7 degree's

Sounds like there what you need but i cant see having much snow at 7 degrees ???

Yeah but they work best below 7 degrees as in the colder the better sort of thing