So long and thanks for all the fish!!!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gavin-h

Reaction score
Time to move on....

... I've been thinking about it for a while now, and today after 3 years and 19,000 happy smile-a-minute-miles I've done the deal to trade my Twingo in and go for something a bit more grown up.

So, we're getting a (drum roll....) Audi A5 Sportback SE Technik, 2.0 TDI 177PS. 6-speed manual.

All the toys - parking sensors front and rear, built in Sat Nav, cruise control, auto-opening boot lid, electomechanical parking brake, full leather, heated seats, 3-zone climate control, blah, blah....

Delivery estimated about 2 weeks, so I'll add up a pic or two when I can.

Bl**dy good deals about - they're offering £3500 off certain Audi models at the moment - and that's before the haggling even starts!!!

So, it's been great to talk to you guys and girls on this site, and I'll probably still drop by occasionally for a chit-chat.

Take care all of you and if you see a lunatic in a White Audi flashing his lights and waving at Twingos, that'll be me.

Bit of a change Gavin.

Dont be a stranger and all the best with the new steed

Thanks, guys.

I pick it the Audi up tomorrow, and it's fair to say I'm VERY excited....

Few parting thoughts on the Twingo:

Overall, a great little car.

Handling is fantastic BUT very compromised on poor road surfaces. Cross country roads, point to point I suspect a Focus would actually be quicker because it irons out the humps and bumps better. That said, on a smooth surface (thank God we've still got a few of those left) it's the best thing I've ever driven.

Reliability-wise, I've been pleasantly surprised. No failures. Few rattles and creaks as it gets older, and the lower arm issue that everyone has, but apart from that fine. Turn the radio up, or drop a gear and build up the revs and you won't hear the rattles, so really, who cares?

Ridiculous idea to have those tyres on those rims. All 4 have been kerbed at some point; surely a wider tyre would offer more protection.

Surprisingly spacious - with the rear seats back, it's seats 4 adults comfortably (though one or two of the, erm, Over-40s, struggle to get in and out with any degree of dignity!!!).

Fuel economy poor - average about 30, but noticeably better (+/-10%) when you turn the a/c off.

Oil consumption negligable - I'm selling it on with the same unopened bottle of oil in the boot that it came with.

Depreciation - not too bad. Much better than the C2s I had before, or even the Mondeo I had before that. After all, you only buy a car to lose money :lol:

So, that's probably a reasonable summary.

Probably one of my favourite cars. I'd probably rank it just ahead of the C2s and maybe a fraction behind the AX GT (which did the same job with 85bhp and a 1360cc alumiunium block!)

Just to say: Twingo133.net - best owner's website ever. Bar none. Keep up the good work, guys and guyesses. I'll drop in from time to time, if only to stick up a couple of pix of the new one.

So long and thanks for all the fish!!!

Gavin.

Hope you enjoy the Audi. My folks have just picked up an Audi a5 (177) TDI convertible, and it's very nice.

Hi everyone, it's been a while, so just popped in to say "hi, hope everyone's OK" and show you a couple of pics of the new car....

Good to see your still popping by, hope all is ok. The new motor looks gorgeous and I'm not jealous one bit :lol:

Opposite ends of the scale, small to barge

Looks nice, plenty of waffting to be done

The new motor looks great!

Glad to see that your popping back every so often :)

weebob":3ep0x2mx said:
LC":3ep0x2mx said:
Did it come with indicators?

only available as a optional extra @ a cost of "1 million considerate driver points"
Haha - you're forgetting I spent 3½ years at the School of Twingo Considerate Drivers... :lol:

Fitted as standard - and yes, I DO know where they are. ;)