spanner plus diagnostic light on...

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slim

Reaction score
anyone had the spanner light with what looks like a diagnostic yellow light come on? it comes on with ignition, then goes out once car started, but its lite very dim after. then goes out when the car turned off after about 4 seconds. the light is a rounded rectangle with what looks like a heart beat pulsing on it :roll: ... slim.

That's what happened to mine 4 weeks ago.. The only cure is a new dash binical then you will have millage like mine was 21000 now 126.. As Renault cannot reset the millage so it starts at zero..

page 1.49 of the drivers handbook.

The icon that looks like a heart monitor trace. Sequential gearbox or water in the diesel.
Neither of which seem relevent

I'm only saying as he has the same dim lit lights as I had on mine & they had to replace the whole unit as the panel with the lights in is failing..

Take a picture of it mate. Will be able to tell much better then

Munson001":p7hwe0dj said:
I'm only saying as he has the same dim lit lights as I had on mine & they had to replace the whole unit as the panel with the lights in is failing..
the Megane (Mk1? )dash had issues and theres a few places that can repair them, by replacing any faulty components. That would keep the same unit, hence keeping the correct milage.

They can also reflash the eprom with new data to correct milage if required ;)

Singlespeed . Renault can't reflash the EPROM . But I have had a quote for £100 so I'm getting it reset soon..

slim":2z4dttoh said:
anyone had the spanner light with what looks like a diagnostic yellow light come on? it comes on with ignition, then goes out once car started, but its lite very dim after. then goes out when the car turned off after about 4 seconds. the light is a rounded rectangle with what looks like a heart beat pulsing on it :roll: ... slim.
update, good news, this morning the 2 dim lights went out! and so far stayed out, im a happy twingo rs owner once again. :) :)

slim":1qy7zbe3 said:
slim":1qy7zbe3 said:
update, good news, this morning the 2 dim lights went out! and so far stayed out, im a happy twingo rs owner once again. :) :)
no idea what they was, may of been a little damp? but its not a diesel engine, nor is it a auto! lol :)