Spark plug torque settings

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LCplParks

Reaction score
I was looking earlier to see what torque I should use to put my spark plugs in and I found this :) it's off an NGK pdf file that seems to tell you everything you could want to know about their spark plugs.

https://ngkntk.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/sparkplug-cat-2013-new.pdf

There was also a specific chart for torque settings for their spark plugs

a4uhy5ed.jpg

Ahhh didn't know that was there! And I think those are fairly universal values including the R2 ones I'm going to get

if you need any technical information, well anything that's not listed on that page then just ask me and i can get it for you as i've got access to auto data etc through work. i was thinking about a solution for you today. take your current spark plugs out, clean the tips and electrodes up with some emry paper and run it again on full NOs injection and then take the plugs out and check their condition and you'll soon find out if they're showing signs of cold fouling or hot fouling but i think they'll be just fine mate because the turbo'd 1*2 clio boys still use the stock plugs and they're adding 60-170bhp of boost, you're only adding 25bhp lol. yes, you're technically boosted ;) :p

I took them out at lunch today and they're all showing signs of running a bit rich but that's exactly what they should show so I need to get in touch with won and get a slightly bigger nitrous jet now to balance things out :) going to get some new plugs off Karl on Monday too :)

LCplParks":1bzeumrb said:
I took them out at lunch today and they're all showing signs of running a bit rich but that's exactly what they should show so I need to get in touch with won and get a slightly bigger nitrous jet now to balance things out :) going to get some new plugs off Karl on Monday too :)
Personally, I'd get the R2 plugs rather than a new set of RS133 plugs.

R2 plug:-
No ground electrodes to get glowing
Center electrode is nice and fat, compared to iridium tipped plugs. Less chance of it glowing
The heat range 9 is going to keep the tip quite cool, so even less chance of the tip glowing.
The heat range may be slightly too cool when not running NoS, so could be prone to fouling. This can be cleaned off, so not a major stopper.
There relatively cheap compared to iridium plugs.
The only real drawback that would be a stopper - the spark gap isnt adjustable, so your stuck with it 'as is'

RS133 plug:-
Now comes with three ground straps. One thick and two slightly thinner ones. Ideal candidates for heating up
Iridium tip plugs have a thin center electrode. Whats easier to get glowing, a pin or a nail?
-7 is probably ideal but at an experimental stage, keeping a cool plug could be safer.
If you over heat them, then they could be scrap.

singlespeed":3vxfxkbj said:
LCplParks":3vxfxkbj said:
Personally, I'd get the R2 plugs rather than a new set of RS133 plugs.

R2 plug:-
No ground electrodes to get glowing
Center electrode is nice and fat, compared to iridium tipped plugs. Less chance of it glowing
The heat range 9 is going to keep the tip quite cool, so even less chance of the tip glowing.
The heat range may be slightly too cool when not running NoS, so could be prone to fouling. This can be cleaned off.
There relatively cheap compared to iridium plugs

RS133 plug:-
Now comes with three ground straps. One thick and two slightly thinner ones. Ideal candidates for heating up
Iridium tip plugs have a thin center electrode. Whats easier to get glowing, a pin or a nail?
-7 is probably ideal but at an experimental stage, keeping a cool plug could be safer.
If you over heat them, then they could be scrap.

Sorry should've been more specific :) I'm going to get some R2 ones off Karl if he does them and stick them in. Only problem is then I'll have to razz about a lot more to get the engine nice and warm :/ such a shame! Good job it's getting closer to summer now!

When I spoke to Karl he couldn't get r2 parts, but that may not be the case for service consumables. I was looking at the heat reflectors for the ball joints on the wishbones.

How often are you planning to be on Nos?

maggi112":1mqtp1mk said:
When I spoke to Karl he couldn't get r2 parts, but that may not be the case for service consumables. I was looking at the heat reflectors for the ball joints on the wishbones.

How often are you planning to be on Nos?

Tbh at the moment not a lot I might get some of the new higher rated plugs and then put the R2 ones in at a later date because a lot of the time I'll be driving the car normally and they'll just start fouling if I'm not careful