Speaker recomendation and advice

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pioneer components up front (horrah for some actual treble!) and coaxials in the rear to fill it out a little (although faded somewhat) plus the small compact thing that Karl has the new version of.

Suits my music tastes perfectly and certainly a huge improvement

Hmm standard i do not know. As for numbers mine had the 2 coaxials up front and no wiring for anything else. Suits me though as I just spent an afternoon sorting it all out as i wanted . Had the chance to put my awesome head unit in at the same time.

maggi112":37k1ztfk said:
Hmm standard i do not know. As for numbers mine had the 2 coaxials up front and no wiring for anything else. Suits me though as I just spent an afternoon sorting it all out as i wanted . Had the chance to put my awesome head unit in at the same time.

Which HU have you gone for?

Alpine Ida-x305... Simply awesome! Plus I have a few of the add ons for it. Hands free and the amplified box which my mate sorted. The amplified part isnt in yet till I work out where to put it though lol the design of the 133 isnt great and there's not much space for wires!

2011-03-19160655.jpg

maggi112":3eqm8wx9 said:
Alpine Ida-x305... Simply awesome! Plus I have a few of the add ons for it. Hands free and the amplified box which my mate sorted. The amplified part isnt in yet till I work out where to put it though lol the design of the 133 isnt great and there's not much space for wires!

it is very tight back there, I was looking at mechless ones as they can be shallower

I'm happy with it now it's all in though. Had to extend a few cables to move boxes out of the way etc but all good and sounds epic... Usually when this comes on...

1f57be73-81a2-43de.jpg

I've driven around the block soo many times because of this song coming home :lol:

I removed all the stereo system in my car, the previous owner had fitted Focal speakers in it (all 4) so i don´t know exactly how better it is compared to OEM ones but it was pretty decent sound in my car.
They are 13cm in the rear and I think 16cm in the front (must check tonight) but they fit just enough to let the windows slide down :)

Anyway, if anyone´s interested, I´ve put them for sale at 100€ (that´s about 80-85 quid I think) now.

Here´s how they look :

img0876x.jpg

Those Focals look pretty awesome, I know Focal speakers are meant to be very good.

I'm confused now though, you've said 16cm and others have said 13cm!! lol

I didn't take the time to measure them but will do tomorrow. But the front ones are definitely bigger than the rear, and they look 16 as they have an adapter ring also.

Confirm tomorrow.

Alex_225":1nm0nhpp said:
Those Focals look pretty awesome, I know Focal speakers are meant to be very good.

I'm confused now though, you've said 16cm and others have said 13cm!! lol

Focals are a great bits of kit.

I measured them. Both front and rear are 13cm actually, but the front have an adapter ring around it bringing the overall diameter to something around 14.5cm.

Just picked up a set of Alpine 13cm speakers which I'll fit hopefully tomorrow.

Any ideas on what connections the stock speakers have? Was just wondering if they they go straight on the spade connectors or am I gonna need to get crimping?

Cool, I bought a new crimping tool with a ratchet earlier this year. So that guarantees a good connection, will whack on a couple of spade connectors :)