Speaker upgrade and sub fitted with standard head unit

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msjm6747

Reaction score
I was looking at fitting a sub but was put off by the wiring little bits to work one with the standard head unit and I didn't want to change the head unit, I finally decided to go for it and used a really good how to thread on here.
I already had an active sub box with the amp all built in and I also had some 6x9's and door speakers that I had from a precious car.

I took the active sub apart and harvested its components as I didn't want to just plonk a box n the boot.

I got a sheet of mdf and some fabric and got jigsaw ing away.

I have had to sacrifice my spare wheel but needs must :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 361
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 361
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 361
Excellent idea! I've got 2 12" dB audio subs sat around collecting dust that I bought from a friend who only had them installed for 2months from new! I've been tempted to just stick one of the two in because they weigh a tonne!

Looks good :) but what happens if you need to put something in the boot? Or will you just put it on the back seats?

As much as I can appreciate the time and effort you put into this...

I hate it, boot installs should be kept to max power cars.

I just hope you don't drive around with it stupid loud so the whole street can hear it, don't see the point in that unless you're partially deaf.

markhardy":1cug6vy4 said:
Excellent idea! I've got 2 12" dB audio subs sat around collecting dust that I bought from a friend who only had them installed for 2months from new! I've been tempted to just stick one of the two in because they weigh a tonne!
The boxes weigh loads which is why this is a good idea, just takes a bit of patience :)

Dubz":3iim32p2 said:
Looks good :) but what happens if you need to put something in the boot? Or will you just put it on the back seats?
At the minute I just put stuff on the back seat but I am going to put some Perspex over the sub and amp so I can put stuff in the boot :)

waitey":1yr9azu7 said:
As much as I can appreciate the time and effort you put into this...

I hate it, boot installs should be kept to max power cars.

I just hope you don't drive around with it stupid loud so the whole street can hear it, don't see the point in that unless you're partially deaf.
I can't stand the chavs that shove a box in the boot and wack the bass up to the max driving around shaking there windows out so you can't hear the actual music. I did it because I like doing something different and I like to listen to my music at a good quality.

I have my music quite loud around 20-25 on the radio mostly to cover up the annoying sound of my squeaky front wheels...