Speakers vs Head Unit change

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhitmiesterG

Reaction score
Hey guys quick question. I've a 2009 Dynamique and I've changed the head unit but kept the factory speakers. I keep thinking about changing them but the truth is I don't know if I need to. I don't know if the factory made a mistake or the guy before me changed the speakers to more generic black but somehow higher quality ones already but they sound really good. Theres not masses and masses of power but then I've not got an amp so there wouldn't be much change there anyway. What I was going to ask was, people who have changed the head unit first and heard the quality, then changed the speakers as well, what difference does it make? If I was going to do it I would do it properly so we're talking about reasonable amounts of money here so I don't want to change it if it won't make any difference.

The standard speakers are generally pretty good in Renaults. I changed the head unit in my RS model for a Pioneer unit and it was much, much better sound than the standard stereo it replaced.

With any standard stereo though, even when changing your speakers for expensive ones, your limit is your wiring.

Oh right so would you recommend changing the speakers or just the wires and a shit tonne of dynamat?