Split on mid silencer seam

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KamRS

Reaction score
Had the Twingo high emissions problem too - the guys at Renault told me they couldn't do a test on the cat to check if it is working OK, because the mid silencer had a split on the seam and was most probably catching air, therefore crashing the cat-test. Talked with a fellow RS owner here in PL (tfelek) and he had the exact same fault with the silencer.

Anyone else experienced this? Haven't read anything of the sort in any of the threads re. emissions issues, but was wondering if indeed this could be at least a partial source of the problem.

PS Had the silencer welded up, but haven't redone the cat test yet.

I'm waiting for mine to go then man maths kicks in and I'll buy something like a cat back manifold and a different exhaust back with silencers to bring it all back down to non chavvy noise levels.

OK - "glad" to hear I'm not the only one. Does anyone know the before and after effects on emissions of this?

mine split too, paid the local garage £20 to reweld the seam, easy peasy!

MAt

lemat1":f8ncjfy6 said:
mine split too, paid the local garage £20 to reweld the seam, easy peasy!

MAt

Guess there is an upside to living in Poland sometimes - paid less than £4! :D

I'll have a look tomorrow. My car only just passed the emissions test at arnold clark last week
Just want to check it iver because 'they cant find anything'

Tbh if they mot'ed it they should of noticed this as its part of the test lol. This might sound silly but I had a problem with mine and Renault said they could t find anything wrong with it. But I changed the spark plugs in it even though the weren't due to be change as Renault as 3years or 60k summat like that ad mine was only just over 3 years old and had only done 22k, but since I changed them it now flys though the test were as before it wouldn't at all

Mines exactly the same age and im just about to reach 23000miles.
Might be worthwhile changing them anyway