Springs or Coilys

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blaked93

Reaction score
Is it worth just getting Springs for my Twingo 133. Or paying alot extra for coilovers? I just want to go lower but not stupid low. Just so that there is not too much arch gap. I don't know what springs give you the lowest ride? Thanks.

as said numerous times on here, the thing to consider is matching spring rates with your dampers. when buying lowering springs, 90% of the time you can be guranteed that the spring rates are not taken into consideration at the point of manufacture. this means that your shock absorbers are going to be ruined within 6 months, fair enough you might not notice it in daily driving but they'll start peeing oil everywhere. so the price of springs tailored in with the price of a set of shock absorbers front and rear, at least once a year or every two years if you're kind with your right foot adds up to a lot more than a set of coilovers. besides, you can get around half of the money back from your coilovers when you sell them so you aren't loosing much really from your initial investment :D

i believe the eibach ones are matched to the spring rates though sorry forgot to mention!