Starting Problems

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex_225

Reaction score
Not mine or the Mrs 133s but my mum's Gordini TCE.

On numerous ocassions her Twingo has had issues starting. Key in the ignition and turned to start the engine, it turns over but doesn't fire up.

Now normally I would do two clicks forward, let all the lights on the dash go out and then start up the engine. So I suggested this to my mum which she's been trying and said it starts ok.

Anyway, today I was out and about in it nipping to a few different shops. I found that even from a warm-ish start the car struggled on a few ocassions to start up, whether I waited for the lights to go out or not.

Any ideas what the problem may be? It'll probably be a dealership task but was wondering if anyone had any ideas?

My Gt used to do that sometimes it was like the engine was flooded then it would fire into life

mine takes a while to start when its cold but im guessing thats coz it hardly goes anywhere now

If it happens push the throttle pedal twice should start then my old GT use to do it

Hmmm sounds like a common issue with the GT as I've not noticed it with the 133, even with the infrequent number of times I've driven mine.

Wondering whether to get Renault to take a look at it as I can understand it a little if the car was cold but yesterday the car had only been switched off 20-30 minutes after a 30 minutes drive and still took 2-3 attempts to actually fire up.

I'm thinking I may get the mother to get her car down to Renault. Also, it'd be worth them checking it before it's a year old as they don't supply a courtesy car for warranty work after 12 months.

Alex_225":36f9k3ca said:
I'm thinking I may get the mother to get her car down to Renault. Also, it'd be worth them checking it before it's a year old as they don't supply a courtesy car for warranty work after 12 months.
? Really my dealership now don't even charge me for the courtesy car... I always end up with a 1.6 auto kangoo with all the trimmings for disabled access however.

Yeah apparently that's policy although if it was me, I'd insist on it as I've been a good customer to my local dealership. I mean, 3 Twingos from them in about 12 months hahaha. Well I didn't buy them but you get what I mean! lol