steering wheel controls

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DJ_JAM

Reaction score
I've got a Sony headunit with a connects 2 fitted. Still not working?
Anybody had this before or got any suggestions?
Cheers

Will be emailing connects2 tomorrow as I have tried 2 different leads(the first one says pre 07 so my mistake) but the second one that's post 07 still doesn't do anything.
£50ish down I'm not a happy bunny.
My car is a 133 with standard radio, no flash display etc and has iso plugs not the bigger multiplug.

Thought it would be simple as they always worked in the past OK.

Well one is on its way back for a refund, got to sort the second one out as one was via Amazon and the other direct from their Dynamic sounds website.
Both orders were fulfilled by Dynamic sounds who appear to be the new name for Connects 2.

They didn't really argue just gave me a returns number, still doesn't fix the issue.

How frustrating! I brought mine second hand off ebay so I'm buggered really

I gave up with mine :lol: kept buying leads but none of them worked so I don't use the stalk controls anymore, would be good if I could find one that worked ;)

I heard that Autoleads do a remote lead that is supposed to be more successful so may give that a go, one thing I did find out about the connects2 leads is that it's good practice to connect the stereo part of the lead into the little black box before connecting the black box to the car end.
The idea is the stereo end has certain jumper leads connected to config the black box for the correct make of radio, make sure the radio end is in first before the little black box is supplied with power so it sets up correctly.

It didn't help me with my JVC radio as the stalk just made it turn off/on but maybe worth trying.

They did refund me so I may try Autoleads instead.

Fair enough didn't know that! Need to have a look at some point as it's annoying them not working :lol:
Did u ring auto leads up and ask?

Have you sorted it? You can get the connect 2 lead and stalk adapter for about £42 off car audiodirect, I spoke to halfords and caraudiodirect and both said the same thing to me which confused the hell out of me, twingo compatiable ones dont work on the twingo, you need the yellow iso clio one - im fitting my stereo within the next two three days I can let you know how I get on if you want

Daniel95":3phvy3y6 said:
Have you sorted it? You can get the connect 2 lead and stalk adapter for about £42 off car audiodirect, I spoke to halfords and caraudiodirect and both said the same thing to me which confused the hell out of me, twingo compatiable ones dont work on the twingo, you need the yellow iso clio one - im fitting my stereo within the next two three days I can let you know how I get on if you want
I have the connects 2 lead which definatly doesn't work on mine.
I've not really looked into it since but it's definatly something I want sorting :)
Let me know how you get on

Should be fun to see if it works, if it doesnt then I may cry, spent a load of money on delivery of amplifier kits and trying ti get all the wiring here for the weekend so me and a mate could rip out the entire car and rewire it all

I tried the ctsrn004 which was for clio/twingo07 and now have the Ctsrn005.2 for twingo 07 onwards, the 004 just made my stereo go off/on when any button was pressed, the 005.2 that their website suggests does nothing.

Fed up paying out for the damn things :evil:

Not yet, may try the Autoleads version as I can get it in Halfords, make it easier to return if I need too.

Might give mine a go tomorrow if no joy ill go halfords before it closes, just means ripping my car apart on my lunchbreak lol

Couldnt get a autoleads to match, they pulled it all out and different connectors and connects 2 5.2 didnt work so im living without a stalk and using the factory harness

Nope and tell me about it, I keep trying to adjust the volume and change to bluetooth though the stalk. Going to try take it to another shop see if they can find something to make it work

Got the autoleads pc99 Renault/JVC setup installed and working, can't get stereo to go fully in because of the mass of cables, may look tomorrow and tuck them to the sides if possible, my hands are shredded.