Stirling Arnold Clark Renault

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madmatt

Reaction score
Well, I've been holding off to doing this for quite some time now, enough is enough.

1st Experience- Twingo decided to have a meltdown within 2 months of buying it and the ignition computer died..
No major issues, car was recovered by Ren Recovery to SAC for them to Diagnose/Repair.
Confirmed as Ignition Computer short, courtesy car sorted (with usual walk round etc) while car was repaired.

1st Issue - no garage walk around of my car to check damage/condition but scrupulous inspection of every pico Meter of Courtesy Car...I'll let it go.

2nd Issue - Was checking all fluids etc before a service and....ah....can't find my Brake Reservoir (Neil knows this story). Thought I saw it on the bulkhead where the cylinder comes out. Thinks nothing of it...
Having a root around when my induction kit was off and....OH! Found it hanging next to my exhaust manifold (thumbs up!). Renault failed to replace the securing bolts when my computer was being replaced so it fell off it's mount....just a plastic, life saving component next to the exhaust....nothing major.

2nd Experience - Car goes in for replacement lower arms...
3rd Issue - Visual Checks carried out....all Green.
I know for a fact, one of my sidelights is out - GMy brake fluid level was low....very low....below the minimum level (replacing brake system soon so not an issue). - Brake fluid Level Green/Topped Up.

I also found out my brake fluid level hasn't been connected since they forgot about the reservoir the first time around....reconnected. Start Car. Instant Warning Alarm.

I am not f*cking pleased.

My advice, avoid them like the plague, go to Arnold Clark Renault in Grangemouth, far better service.

Not like Renault watford were any better.

I know for a fact the front tyres were low and I waited until after the lower arms were done.

Plastic cover on the wiper arm snapped. But more worryingly my tyres were given a green with 6mm tread left. And my brake pads had gone from 40% worn when it went in back in December to 20% worn, despite the fact they've not been replaced.

Genious!

maggi112":23s5dzog said:
Not like Renault watford were any better.

I know for a fact the front tyres were low and I waited until after the lower arms were done.

Plastic cover on the wiper arm snapped. But more worryingly my tyres were given a green with 6mm tread left. And my brake pads had gone from 40% worn when it went in back in December to 20% worn, despite the fact they've not been replaced.

Genious!

My tyres always get given green with 6mm tread left. Given the legal minimum tread is 1.6mm I'd say 6mm was fine! :p

Unfortunate experience for you though Matt, hear quite a lot of stuff about AC in general. Would never have a car from them even if they offered it me for nothing lol.