Stop light!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott133

Reaction score
Recently when I've been driving the stop light appears on the dash and the car beeps at me once then the stop light goes out again. This happens once or twice on most of the journeys I make.

There seems to be nothing wrong with the car when I'm driving it's just a little worrying when this happens. Anybody got any ideas why this could be happening?

Yeah - this happened to another member (saxojoe maybe)

He found that it was his break fluiod was ever so slightly dipping below the desired limit on some corners - resulting in a beep and light :)

He popped it into the dealer and they topped it up I believe.

Yes it had to do with the brake fluid. said it happend when he was taking a quick and/or sharp turn.

Yeah same thing technically fella but like to point out other outcomes, for example stating a lowered fluid level. Which would encourage the OP to top the fluid up leaving pads still worn an ineffective

A bottle should be ~£5 from Renault. The bottle isn't in the best location to refill but it's not too bad.

Just get the fronts on lock to have a look at the pads easily as well and you'll know.