Strange noise when turning past a certain point

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benmc

Reaction score
When I'm turning past a certain point the car seems to be making a rubbing/creak noise on the front right I thought it was my front right wheel catching... Turns out it isn't I'm still under warranty so will go to Renault but does anyone have any ideas what could be one of my mates recon worn steering rack bush maybe ...

They were fixed just before or just after Xmas bud ... So didnt think it will be this ...

I've gone solid top mounts now but was doing the noise before hand lol :/

benmc":1zqukzum said:
one of my mates recon worn steering rack bush maybe ...
The rack is bolted in, not held by U-clamps and rubber bushes.
$T2eC16hHJGQE9noMcScOBQlZL78IsQ~~60_12.JPG

Can you at least narrow it down to inside near the upper/lower column or front left/right?

Could be a steering rack, can u feel a slight jerk / jolt as u turn? Thats what mine did, 4 steering racks and a collumn finally sorted it

I can feel a slight one yeah ill be taking it in to Renault when I come back from my hols Definatly

My Twingo 1.2 started making very noticeable creaking, rubbing noises a month ago and was coming from the right wheel; I had it checked in the Renault garage I worked at and there was no problem with the ball-joints, top mounts or colmn etc. they decided to grease up all the rubber joints etc and has never made the noise since, they believed they could have just become dry (although they used a more technical term) lol

I found on the rears it was the top mounts. Small amount of clear grease sorted it. Not bothered since fitting the coilovers although there is creaking from the rear. I just happen to know what it is :p

Maggi, the creaking from the left rear is getting ridiculous. I've taken the rear seats out today (ready for glastonbury), dismantled all the trim in the rear and checked the boot latch. The noise is 100% coming from the left rear suspension. I'm inclined to go with the top mount as it sounds as if it is inside the car (and the top mount is).

What noise did you have? Just been for a drive and any little bump (so every 30cm) I have a creak.