Stuck in 1st!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waitey

Reaction score
Had to drive 2 miles in 1st gear to renault, good thing I was already on my way there!

Basically gear knob is in the neutral position but stuck in 1st and the stick won't move!

Ok so I'm in a Ferrari micra as a courtesy car!

Remembered Yotah had this problem in one of his videos and it was the gear linkage?

So that should be done under warranty, highlighted every problem I had with it and they didn't look happy as it filled their little box they had to write it down in :lol:

Didn't Yotah's gearstick just go entirely slack for it to be the gear linkage?

BlackTwingo-i":3geiujmq said:
What were you saying about clios again?

you beat me to that, lol.

Engaging the clutch simply did nothing?

Hope it gets sorted.

DrDrew":14mybgbg said:
Found out what caused it yet?

Nope renault haven't even rung me today, they even asked when ill bring the courtesy car back this morning, to which I replied "Once everything is repaired and I have mine back."

I'm going to give them a call tomorrow and try find out what's going on, you'd think since having it from 9am all day they'd be able to look into it and the other issues and give me a courtesy call!

Just drove to Tadley and back in the micra and the road home made me realise how much I miss my RS and how good it is!!

"Sorry we didnt get chance to look at it today we were very busy. We can look at it Monday. Would you like to pick it up or leave it with us?"

This is what you'll be told tomorrow morning if my lucks anything to go off haha

waitey":2nq8odj7 said:
BlackTwingo-i":2nq8odj7 said:
What were you saying about clios again?

It's not the gearbox though and it drove just stayed in 1st gear.
If its bent or broken whilst trying to change from 1st, it could be the selectors in the gearbox. Leaving it stuck in 1st and unable to select anything else.

It could also be the box at the base of the gearstick, so disconnecting the two selector cables (the ones Yotah had problems with) should allow them to work out which side is locked up

Well I can give them a call tomorrow seeing as they've had a weekend off...

So they should've had time to diagnose and order parts Friday as I dropped it off just before 9am and it went straight into the workshop.

Although if the gearbox has gone I imagine its a long wait for a replacement....

No Mark I'm waiting a call back as they said they need this courtesy car back and I said I will need a car until mine is repaired so they are trying to get me another one.

As for the box the woman on the phone didn't know she was just told by the mechanic it needs a new box so they're ordering one, I also asked if they have ordered new lower arms which it originally went in fit and she said she doesn't know she was just told about the gearbox.

I've been asking people on 197.net who have had their boxes replaced a few questions

Edit: oh James it's a 62 plate micra :lol:

Well, at least it's in the process of being fixed.

Did you take it to Loughborough in the end - or is all this going down in Leicester?

DrDrew":19x5nuvl said:
Well, at least it's in the process of being fixed.

Did you take it to Loughborough in the end - or is all this going down in Leicester?

In Leicester. Over the phone they aren't very helpful at all, when you're physically there its another matter and they actually find out exactly what you ask...

waitey":2dh2y64v said:
It's not the gearbox though and it drovejust stayed in 1st gear.

waitey":2dh2y64v said:
she was just told by the mechanic it needs a new box so they're ordering one

Well you cursed that one right there ;)

At least its getting sorted,