Stupid animal!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
singlespeed":27akdd2d said:
At least you could have the last laugh and have it for dinner :mrgreen:
If only Neil....

It is illegal to claim a deer carcass without a permit. If you do take the carcass, you must report the accident to the authorities. You can ask a law enforcement officer for a permit to keep a deer carcass. You can eat the deer yourself, or you can donate the meat to charity.

was in car and a bird flew towards us, and like normal expecting it to swoop up and over, this one descided to swoop down and into the radiator of friends car, was messy.

Shortly after I passed my test I was driving home, my passenger side window open, the drivers shut.

A sparrow swooped down, through the open window and into my face. It hurt. It hurt a lot. It then proceeded to fly into the closed drivers window fall to the floor, flapping about between my legs.

I very nearly smashed into a lamppost in all the commotion.

Thankfully I was actually on my road, so I pulled onto the drive. I jumped out to show my dad and to get his help, who didn't believe me until he saw the poor sparrow for himself.

maggi112":1w070r4m said:
Shortly after I passed my test I was driving home, my passenger side window open, the drivers shut.

A sparrow swooped down, through the open window and into my face. It hurt. It hurt a lot. It then proceeded to fly into the closed drivers window fall to the floor, flapping about between my legs.

Thankfully I was actually on my road, so I pulled onto the drive. I jumped out to show my dad and to get his help, who didn't believe me until he saw the poor sparrow for himself.

i am sorry james, it must have hurt but i couldnt help letting out a huge laugh, got some funny looks from office

manofhow":j0mryqzf said:
maggi112":j0mryqzf said:

i am sorry james, it must have hurt but i couldnt help letting out a huge laugh, got some funny looks from office
Haha xD

Hilarious! Has to be somewhere caught on CCTV in the land of Big Brother? :p

If you hit a deer at 60 it makes a hell of a bang. Buzzards are quite loud too. Pigeons/ducks make a reasonably quiet thud. Phesants make a strange ping noise, I don't know why?!

Not hit anything domestic...yet. A friend of mine hit a cow, and managed to get it to land in a tree.

class31":3reb8bq7 said:
If you hit a deer at 60 it makes a hell of a bang. Buzzards are quite loud too. Pigeons/ducks make a reasonably quiet thud. Phesants make a strange ping noise, I don't know why?!

Not hit anything domestic...yet. A friend of mine hit a cow, and managed to get it to land in a tree.
i like the clonk sound of a squirrel's head hitting the sump :lol:

sam666":36lktoz2 said:
class31":36lktoz2 said:

i like the clonk sound of a squirrel's head hitting the sump :lol:

Funny, I don't get many run-ins with squirrels, they must have more sense. I would try and swerve round them all, but my work vehicles don't have a steering wheel. :eek:

I was doing work experience in a garage and a bloke came in who'd hit a badger and it had proper smashed his bumper up if i remember right he had to get his radiator replaced haha hard little bastards

maggi112":1945tnwu said:
I'm assuming he hit the tree? Impressive if it was the cat...

Oh I don't know. Some of those leaping cats are pretty sturdy. ;)

Large1140!2006-3-3!16H28M24S.jpg

maggi112":1xyt1v5j said:
I'm assuming he hit the tree? Impressive if it was the cat...

no he didnt hit the tree, the cat did all the damage.

to be fair the old mini's were made of tin foil :p

Ok so the only damage done is curbing on the wheel so I'm happy about that :)

I'm going into a few garages today to see if they will be able to refurb it before our Scotland meet tomorrow

scott133":3fkwh3gt said:
Ok so the only damage done is curbing on the wheel so I'm happy about that :)

I'm going into a few garages today to see if they will be able to refurb it before our Scotland meet tomorrow

glad to hear that was the only damage

Now that I've seen the wheel...and this thread.
It sucks man :(

I have had a few run-ins (badumtsh) with animals over the years:
Clipped the hind legs of a Deer the 1st time I drove in the dark, learning with my dad.
A Squirrel turned suicidal and jumped at my car.
A Hare decided he could outrun me over a blind crest - it couldn't: broke my foglight bracket and surround.

Bloody animals!

Last year the new BMW 520d (I think) was delivered for testing at my work.. at came back with the front bumper mutilated.

Apparently it hit a boar in Germany during some tests :shock: