Stutter at 3k RPM @ WOT

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KamRS

Reaction score
Roadtrip over (nearly 4.5k km) and... a question arises. On the way back I noticed when accelerating with the pedal pushed down max the car would stutter for a fraction of a second at exactly 3k RPM (valve timing change?). This happened in all gears (except 1st, didn't try), but did not appear, when accelerating at 1/2 or 3/4 throttle. The feeling was as if it was hesitating or the fuel supply was cut for a moment, then resumes as normal. Car also seemed a bit sluggish accelerating with WOT, but perhaps that was due to load.

Anyone experienced smth like this? Could it be the car was overstrained (did notice this some couple hundred km into that day's stint). For the past two weeks the car was fairly loaded (2people + 2 weeks' luggage) and mostly doing long motorway journeys, usually at constant speed/RPMs.

Had the impression that today after starting up at first it was even more evident the first two tries (more a second long lack of power @ 3k RPM, not a short stutter), then seemed to go away. Heavy traffic though, so couldn't check properly.

Mine was doing this at 2.5k, cause was induction kit and exhaust. When returned to standard the problem went away.

Mine does this as well. Gonna go check it when I next take the car out. I think it's around the 2-3k mark.

This was exactly at 3k each time. Car is completely standard.

Can anyone confirm if this is indeed when the timing switches over?

Sounds like a flat spot to me, might be worth getting your mapping checked.

Mine has a horrific flat spot at 2-2.5, even worse at full throttle, but this will be sorted with the map.

Both my rs Twingos have done it! It's a pain in the back end! Haha. My local dealer refuse to notice that there is an issue! So frustrating!

Im sure if someone had a print out of the car as standard from a rolling road it will show a massive flat spot around there. It was really noticeable in mine

mine does this at 2.800 (vvt changes at 4500 I think-there is normal)... i noticed that also in citroen berlingo aswell ..

Seems to have gone away, so maybe it was just tired ;) Bit worrying though - even more so seeing all the replies that it just seems to be like that.

KamRS":6vlqpgt8 said:
Seems to have gone away, so maybe it was just tired ;) Bit worrying though - even more so seeing all the replies that it just seems to be like that.
Maybe it was a tank of poor quality fuel that was making the usual flatspot more noticable

Have you removed the bung from the airbox and had you been driving for a while?

twing0joe":687g2v4y said:

What difference would removing the bung make?
Genuine question, not being funny. :)

JMR":2d2wjwff said:
twing0joe":2d2wjwff said:

What difference would removing the bung make?
Genuine question, not being funny. :)

More warm air getting in.

I've noticed since doing it with mine once engine's warmed up or at least quite hot its not quite as revvy and responsive with it removed. Problem is i can't be assed to put the fucker back in as its a *****!

poweller23":1s6buugi said:
What bung ?

Side of your airbox is a rubber bung just imagine a mcdonalds loyalty card on the side of a capuccino. Just peel it off and the airbox will have little holes in it making your engine sound like a beast.