Sump...

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JE_GT

Reaction score
Anyone have an idea how much a new sump costs for the 1.2 GT Engine? Might have a crack in mine as I noticed some oil on the floor under the engine :O

What makes you think you've cracked the sump? Have you hit or scraped on anything?

I would be checking for oil leaks elsewhere first. Try and find a trail down the engine somewhere (yes I know this is difficult in a Twingo engine bay lol).

Twingos like leaking from the cam cover.

Mine had a leak from the cover gasket and i know a few others on here have had the same issue too

Matt":zjyd8lh5 said:
What makes you think you've cracked the sump? Have you hit or scraped on anything?

I would be checking for oil leaks elsewhere first. Try and find a trail down the engine somewhere (yes I know this is difficult in a Twingo engine bay lol).

Because I bottomed out on a speedbump quite hard about two weeks ago lol.

JE_GT":1ky668xf said:
Daveyb133":1ky668xf said:
Twingos like leaking from the cam cover.

Mine had a leak from the cover gasket and i know a few others on here have had the same issue too

Expensive ?

Luckily mine was a warranty repair but renault got sent an invoice for 1700 quid. Got to do full cambelt change and everything as part of it

There are pattern part sumps and gaskets on eBay for not a great deal. Wouldn't like to think of a cost from Renault.

Martin_172":3clgpbxa said:
if you bottomed out id have thought the subframe would have taken the hit rather than the sump.

Looks like it tbh, I was being paranoid lol. It was a ******* hard hit though, made me cringe big time.

JE_GT":wakn8hhf said:
Martin_172":wakn8hhf said:
if you bottomed out id have thought the subframe would have taken the hit rather than the sump.

Looks like it tbh, I was being paranoid lol. It was a f*****g hard hit though, made me cringe big time.
Was it enough to make you put the ride height up a bit :?

The day you beach your car at a meet on a small bump is the day we will all be on the floor laughing and filming.

Ill park my car next to it to show you how to drive over the little bump in the road and reverse and continue doing this laughing. :p