Sunwin/Co-Op Renault/Nissan Basford Nottingham

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClioSXT

Reaction score
This is my Story ...

This is probably going to sound really anal but hear goes ...

My clio has quite a few extra's like window wind deflectors and the body skirts (SX edition) As most of you know ...

I took it in for its service 2 years ago and left it with them overnight (as i usually do because i get 2 cars serviced there at the same time)

When i went to pick it up the next day it was being stored inside. and the drivers window was half down
and my car was unlocked ....

I asked why and they said it was because they had just moved it. Fair enough ...

When i got home i had a look around the car and noticed that one of my wind deflectors had been snapped! and that both (passenger and drivers side) Bodykits (sills) had cracks in them (roughly 12 inches long)

I took my car straight back and complained about the damage that has blatantly wasn't there when it went in. (my car is spotless)

They said that it was nothing to do with them ...

Luckily i had taken fairly detailed photos of my car the day before (as i had cleaned and polished it before it went it!) and they were time/date stamped.

I shown these photos to renault and they then changed there mind and accepted the damaged.

It turned out that what they do to jack up the SX edition clios on the finger type jacks (lifts from the sills, takes weight of the wheels) is to put small wooden blocks on the jack points as the fingers of the lift are not tall enough to reach the points with out touching the plastic body kit.

They forgot to use the wooden blocks ...

This meant that my car was raised using the plastic bodykit (wish is held on with only 4 Plastic bolts!) and is only a few MM's Thick !!

Thankfully by some form of miracle, the guy underneath the car doing the checks etc wasn't CRUSHED !! when the bodykit finally gave way ...

The reason why the window was half open was because the wind deflector had some how got snapped when they were working on my car. This stopped the window from closing ...

And the unlocked bit of this ... because the window wouldn't shut, the alarm kept going off ... so they left it unlocked ... the reason why they left it locked up inside (the only thing I'm glad they did!)

How ever, when i took my car back i was parked next to a black "SX" (They're kinda rare being that theres only 800 or so of them) and i noticed that his body kit was also cracked in the same way that mine was !! i can only hope he got it fixed.

My car did get a two new body sills fitted and painted, and two new wind deflectors (Strangly they also found a dint to remove in the passenger door that not even i noticed)

Moral of the story .... Take detailed pictures before your car goes in for service (I now do this) as its your word against yours, and there word is bigger than yours!

Also make sure you get a visual inspection done when you leave your car. make sure you are there when it is done, and you get a copy of the inspection sheet (some companies have been known to make changes to the sheet as they go along!!)