super charger?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gordini125

Reaction score
hi so i was speaking to few people about cars the other day and they mentioned super charging my 133. does any one know if this is possible and if so how!?!?

Remove aircon, change pully for toothed pully, make a bracket, add some piping with dumpvalve and an intercooler. Maybe you can adapt a supercharger kit for a Clio 2 RS. You'll probably need a standalone ECU aswell.

And then you will bend your conrods pretty soon due to the extra torque. Probably cheaper to source a Clio 2/3 RS engine and do an engineswap, even a Megane 2 RS blok should fit (has been done in Germany in a GT).

@froza yeah i half wondered if it would be to much torque for it :/ is there even enough room in the engine bay to do that??

gordini125":30b4i561 said:
@froza yeah i half wondered if it would be to much torque for it :/ is there even enough room in the engine bay to do that??

Singlespeed on here said that you'd really struggle for room. You'd be better off with a low boost turbo conversion

@dubz is it even possible of doing that? have you done it? if you have where can i get kits for it?

gordini125":1h3resb4 said:
@dubz is it even possible of doing that? have you done it? if you have where can i get kits for it?

Sadly there aren't any kits of it. No I haven't done it as I've got the Gordini Tce so it's the 1.2L turbo engine.

There was one that ktec were building however they never finished it and the customer that bought the project off never fully completed it.

However with a proper sized turbo, custom log manifold, oil return and the correct piping. It shouldn't be too bad. Probably set you back a good chunk of money. I would personally put a turbo'd 182 engine in there as the R&D on those engine has already been done

Would be lovely to see someone develop that kit though. There are quite a few Twingos sitting around waiting for a bit more power ;)

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Standard internals can't take much boost. If you want substantial more power you'll need to go forged. Transmission is also not the strongest.

I would go for a swap if you want reliable power.

I know :/ But then again it's nearly impossible to homologate 2.0 engine in Twingo :(

Matthias":h6w1c7vs said:
Would be lovely to see someone develop that kit though. There are quite a few Twingos sitting around waiting for a bit more power ;)

It was being broken for parts last I saw

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The old mini superchargers can be adapted fairly simply (I've seen 2 twingof with it done but not sure on cost) was going to start looking into it when I've got some extra cash

Charger is only £200 mind, and a remap about the same if you can do the work yourself!