supercharger.?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ What, in a 133? That's impressive! Can't be much wiggle room in the 'bay or turret!

again my car is coming close the hammer.
thinking if i had to trade for 1.2 non tec version or actually for the price we paid for 133, could of dropped 1*2 engine, running gear and turbo'd it for the same price.
hehe
ITB a drive-by-wire system is a pain, liking JMS manifold as you can keep the o.e.m throttle bodie. wondering how mucha clio s1600 mani is..

cheapest route avalible now to 133ers looking for bit more power off shelf is 13.1:1 pistons with a remap.

Cheapest/most sensible way to get more power from a 1.6na (133) is to sell it and buy something else.

Ollie133cup":2bzjztnx said:
Al":2bzjztnx said:
^ What, in a 133? That's impressive! Can't be much wiggle room in the 'bay or turret!

Was in a 197.

Oh that one. Karl neglected to mention that it wasn't a 133. Silly me assuming someone had actually done something towards gaining actual real power increases in a 133 rather than claiming to have done.

Al":2371z2ld said:

Forward video to 3 minutes 38 seconds

[youtube]g1okRDWC9pE[/youtube]

Okay, Karl was right, ollie wrong.

Tight engine bay!

Without clicking on it, pretty sure Karl posted that 2 posts ago ;)

And some eyecandy for you

Image1382.jpg

Image1389.jpg

Image1391.jpg

Image1393.jpg

Nah, I think I'll stick with getting an exhaust, air filter, cams, remap, TB, a turbo, supercharger and 10 extra bhp.

I can imagine that being a bit of a handful on "torque" steer!

Al":2yknqbj7 said:
Nah, I think I'll stick with getting an exhaust, air filter, cams, remap, TB, a turbo, supercharger and 10 extra bhp.

Awfy moody today Al :|

I'm pretty sure the Megane had a LSD to try and aleviate some of the Torque Steer.

madmatt":3q8djnw6 said:
Al":3q8djnw6 said:

Awfy moody today Al :|

I'm pretty sure the Megane had a LSD to try and aleviate some of the Torque Steer.

Nah, just honest. I'm a firm believer in the actual truth rather than believed truth.

The 225 had a LSD fitted later in it's development. I can't image the GT or whatever Twingo they used having one though; or at least one that works properly. Smaller wheels, track etc. i'd love to have a go though!

It was a freeway. There is a picture of the front end but no difference so didnt see the point in posting it

Al":nl9ajchm said:
Nah, just honest. I'm a firm believer in the actual truth rather than believed truth.

The 225 had a LSD fitted later in it's development. I can't image the GT or whatever Twingo they used having one though; or at least one that works properly. Smaller wheels, track etc. i'd love to have a go though!

Forced induction on NA engines, especially through Centrifugal supercharging, has always shown large gains when combined with the right fueling and breathing modifications and will always be more cost effective (gain for gain) than NA Modifications.

It was the Megane engine and Box they used and the description has an LSD but as you say, smaller wheels, shorter shafts ect, the gearing (if it was a geared LSD and not plated) for the LSD would probably work at different *looks for another word :roll:* differences in rotation between left and right wheels before it locked.

madmatt":3fhtncjv said:
Al":3fhtncjv said:

Forced induction on NA engines, especially through Centrifugal supercharging, has always shown large gains when combined with the right fueling and breathing modifications and will always be more cost effective (gain for gain) than NA Modifications.

It was the Megane engine and Box they used and the description has an LSD but as you say, smaller wheels, shorter shafts ect, the gearing (if it was a geared LSD and not plated) for the LSD would probably work at different *looks for another word :roll:* differences in rotation between left and right wheels before it locked.

I was referencing more to do with cost and how that's generally ignored/skipped over and owners own insistence of chasing an unknown power figure. It's cheaper and far easier and wayyy more reliable to drop in a 182 engine into a 133 than it is to turbo/supercharge it. And for about the same gains. Or as said before, swap the car. Insurance on a turboed 133 would probably be more than a 200 anyway. Intelligent people know this though ;)

Whouldn't it be more effective to buy a big random engine and put it behind the seats? There's a video on YouTube from a fiat 500 abarth that's mid-engined with rear wheel drive., think that would be a great car with awesome handling as it's rwd..