Supersprint Exhaust Systems

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jordysport":g87t0xaq said:
Twingogeekeo":g87t0xaq said:
Why are they benders?

There trying to help just because they are in italy don't make they benders. I supose you can always send your can on a holiday?

Oh lighten up, just want a nice Well Designed Mani for the GT can get it done locally by an Exhaust manufacturer (for Morgan Aeromax) but not sure if it will be worth it after Orbital's experience, so if supersprint were to do one.....

Matt - yeah bet they can bend some big pipe! not sure if they could bend mine tho!! :D :D

Just think its a bit unfair to call a company trying to help the club benders just because they are in italy !!!!!!!!!!!!

If it was a company that wasnt trying to help and just being complete arses i would under stand

omg i've touched a nerve. ok don't know what your lingual speech is, but where i come from when one says "bender" or "****head" any other similar "insult" its like saying "oh Damm". Think you've got the wrong end of the stick, i didn't say "bender" because they are from italy, was like "Damm thats miles away"...... you follow?? Jesus.

Jordysport":2zkank3u said:
omg i've touched a nerve. ok don't know what your lingual speech is, but where i come from when one says "bender" or "****head" any other similar "insult" its like saying "oh Damm". Think you've got the wrong end of the stick, i didn't say "bender" because they are from italy, was like "Damm thats miles away"...... you follow?? Jesus.

Nope never heard of that saying :oops:

Is there any proven gains with just having this system on? im bored of not having an exhaust system now.

How much are they for just one?

Twingogeekeo":2snua763 said:
The retail price of the whole Twingo RS kit is Euro 570 + VAT which equates to £595 inc vat (£495.83 exc vat) .

5 sets : £535.30 inc vat (10% discount)
10 sets : £475.83 inc vat (20% discount)
20 sets : £416.35 inc vat (30% discount)
Sharpy":2snua763 said:
Is there any proven gains with just having this system on? im bored of not having an exhaust system now.

How much are they for just one?

Haaaa missed that bit, clearly couldnt be bothered to scroll back up :p

Not cheap like, reckon it would make much difference at all?

i see, worth a shot to see if you'd had done it. the design is good but make quality is shocking, saw the state of mine and can see why people have been getting holes through out the system.

safe to say 4-2-1 option is a pain in the arse and i cant see you making it without your customers having it fitted and towed to remap centre :(

i've been told on mine i could do with some serious head work on inlets and port/polish for inletmani. exhaust can handle more then whats going in at the end of the day costing me not as bigger increase then we first hoped :(

shame theres a copy right on the o.e.m manifold. would be great to see it made in stainless and ceramic coated :D

*i did see that you stated @133bhp. guessing you dyno'd and had a good working RS lol*

We tried the car on the dyno but there's no consistent increase in performance, as you can expect with a catback system on a small NA engine.

I'm uploading the charts now so you can see all the data.

Here are the charts:
OEM:
twingo-serie-1.jpg

Supersprint
twingo-ss-1.jpg

OEM vs SS
twingo-compa.jpg

jesus i should send my car to your dyno, never seen so many colours on one graph. haha

i saw an increase of about 5-8 ft-lb increase in torque when i had a catback system, but lost the gains when a 4-2-1 was added.

will have to convert my graph from bhp/ft and plot against yours, but like you've said most likely be similar.

hopefully in a few years when k4m-800 engines are rebuilt higher they'll be a need for aftermarket manifolds. i meed to get a hold of the spanish guy who had same system i had done and see how what performance gains he got as i believe his 4-2-1 had sorter piping then mine

fair play, least you have put your systems on dyno graphs with o.e.m even showing that they dont gain as much. not many companies will do that.

wheel power makes me laugh, everyone expects it to be high, the RS is losing quite a bit of put down power. lighter 16" with some simi slicks should gain a few of them back.

but almost 50PS losses?? doesnt seem right... i have been on dyno (MAHA LPS 3000) with our focus 1.8tdci, and had only around 25PS losses

I was sick on the weekend, came back at work today...just a few thing about the dyno.
This kind of rolling road doesn't require any imput from the operator, as it gets all the data from climate sensors, OBD port on the car and pressure/temperature sensor on the exhaust (we make sensor ports before and after the cat on the oem exhaust too when we develop a complete system).
The power loss (Shleppleistung) is calculated in the warming up phase and in the decelerating phase after the power run. It's very accurate, if a car has the tyres a bit low on pressure the loss can be higher but the calculated engine power is usually spot on.
Anyway these graphs I posted are the best of 3/4 tries, both with the oem system and with ours, the higher outputs for both.
I don't know how many brands get (or I should say claim) gains in the 10 bhp range on small engines like the twingo's with just the catback, especially on cars with a system already decent, with straight pipes and the (somewhat) right diameter.
Especially on recent small turbo cars (the last Polo 1.2 tsi comes to my mind) you just don't get any increase, and the cause in the ECU that limits the boost even when there's lower counterpressure after the turbo that should increase it and the already nice design of the oem exhaust.
Obviously the most gain on NA cars comes from the headers and the cats, for example we got very good increase on an already very high specific output engine on the 997 GT3 mk2 3.8. We used "step-design" headers (where the step stands for the dual diameter primaries, that allow maximum speed out of the exhaust ports but reduced counterpressure and larger manifolds after a few inches).
On the Evora 3.5l we got 27 bhp of gain with a beefier torque curve with the complete exhaust.

On a bit older cars, like my clio or the saxò vts/106 rallye, there's a larger margin of tune as the exhaust has a restrictive cat and the exhaust is designed most for noise reduction and small costs (and you see that on the quality, VERY poor).