Thanks Calbriggo

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Araf

Reaction score
I just want to say thanks to the above member. He sold me his APs, which I fitted to the Wind today.

Before

r01Start.jpg

After

r14finished.jpg

weebob":s7c0vxbd said:
looks much better. how does it feel

Bouncy at the moment, :? as I have the standard rear shocks in place (I'm hoping that's the reason). I didn't like the way the top mounts fit, so am going to modify standard mounts to fit (the rod diameter is different).

Turn-in is better, and actually gives a bit of feel now - and that's before the geo gets set up properly. :)

Araf":3rt5ly7e said:
tommy89":3rt5ly7e said:
that looks briliant, for a wind :)

Well, why follow the sheep and get a Euro-box. :p

ooo! i fear I may have posted my comment incorrectly, the punctuation makes it sound sarci. I actually meant that it looks a very nice wind and those springs and wheels suit it.

apologies for any un intended sarcasm :)

tommy89":1go79tm1 said:
Araf":1go79tm1 said:
tommy89":1go79tm1 said:
that looks briliant, for a wind :)

Well, why follow the sheep and get a Euro-box. :p

ooo! i fear I may have posted my comment incorrectly, the punctuation makes it sound sarci. I actually meant that it looks a very nice wind and those springs and wheels suit it.

apologies for any un intended sarcasm :)

It wouldn't matter, however you meant it. :cool: It's my wheelie bin, and I'm happy with it. :D

Araf":l0fbmuxu said:
weebob":l0fbmuxu said:
looks much better. how does it feel

Bouncy at the moment, :? as I have the standard rear shocks in place (I'm hoping that's the reason). I didn't like the way the top mounts fit, so am going to modify standard mounts to fit (the rod diameter is different).

Turn-in is better, and actually gives a bit of feel now - and that's before the geo gets set up properly. :)

I've changed my mind on that view. I did about 60 miles, yesterday afternoon, and it was as I've described above.

However today, it doesn't seem to be the same. Maybe it's all settled into place or something, but the rear feels more composed, and the front still has it's increased feel.

MovingShadow":34aotscy said:
I need a coilover kit ASAP!

:lol:

I think the car is a bit low for me, so am going to raise it a bit next weekend.

I forgot to measure mine before, so can you do me a favour, and measure the ride height on yours?
If you can, then please take the measurement from the top of the wheel arch lip to the centre of the wheel on each.
Cheers

Forgive me but yesterday evening I didn't had the time to do it.

After work I stopped by a friend who had it's new DOTZ 18" rims arrive at his home and I helped him put them on his car.

This also showed there is a problem at his right front wheel. At first thought the wheel was rubbing but the knocking noise seems to come from his suspension.. anyway, I'll do it today.

Did I measured wrong?

I started from the lip of the wheelarch, down towards the center of the wheel, right?

But you're driving on smaller wheels than me though.. now you're making me doubt.

But I've said this a while ago. When I had my winter wheels that were 15", my car was already low .. I scrapped the ground a couple of times driving from the sidewalk (parking space) onto the road