Thats me not driving for 6 weeks then

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fingers crossed it all goes well tomorrow.

Perhaps you're in need of GTA 5

Lol, the mrs teaches and one of the students was off yesterday, and his excuse was that his mum had bought him GTA5 and he played on it all day.
It was worth having the day off he said. :lol:

I've seen the repeats of the repeats of the repeats of Top Gear on Dave.
I've memorised the scripts!!

I'm half working from home but I'm in a lot of pain from the way I have to sit with the leg up.
It doesnt stop the guys from the works ringing me all day long. Which is annoying.
I should just bang 6 weeks sick in as I get paid in full for 3 months.

The biggest problem of working in a small company, youre always needed, and when that link in the chain is broken, the engine dont work.

Sounds like it sucks big time :(

I know Karen was going spare when she last broke her ankle and had a proper cast on and a set of crutches.

I have just got back from hospital, I have a full cast on now, the swelling has reduced but Ive got to go back on a weekly basis to have the wound on the compound side re-dressed, so theyll have to cut a window out of the cast and re do that part.

Feel a bit more comfortable for the time being.

Cant walk any further than one room into another in the house.

I've been trying to get a wheelchair so the mrs can take me a walk round the village, but no one has one with the leg raisers to keep my bad leg horizontal.

I have found somewhere but Ive got to buy the leg raiser and it will be a week before its here.

Another company said they have them but job lot inc the wheelchair hire is £30/week.

Update on this.

29th August - Broke angle/leg, admitted to hospital
30th August - theatre pm, operated on, compound break/dislocated ankle reset, screwed together, leg in temporary cast
12th September - cast removed, stitches removed, still too much swelling, another temporary cast put on
19th September - cast removed, full circumferential cast put on
3rd October - window cut in side of cast to check wounds and re-dress
10th October - Cast removed, x rayed, put into an Aircast boot
7th November - 1 month in aircast boot, now trying to put weight thro bad leg
15th November - walked without crutches for first time, in immense pain, but did it.
27th November - returned to work and started driving again, still walking with crutches though
12th December - Xrayed at hospital, shin is still broken
20th February - Xrayed - ankle ok, shin break is healed, screws still intact, discharged
24th February - discharged from Physio/ rehabilitation

Long long time, the rest of the recovery process is down to me.
I'm walking well, still struggling a bit with going down stairs.

Enjoying driving.

Not doing any sport for a while yet.

Made me cringe at the thought of that lot :cry:

Really glad your over the worst and your not majorly hampered by it now.

Caz-133cup":1v20qy4h said:
For someone that went through all this you are doing fantastic!
I can't imagine what being laid at home not being able to move must be like so its great news you're out and about :)

Thanks Caz, I know to look at me strolling around now you wouldnt think anything had been wrong, but Ive been really really careful about everything I do - been petrified of damaging it again!!

singlespeed":1wu61kei said:
Made me cringe at the thought of that lot :cry:

Really glad your over the worst and your not majorly hampered by it now.

Thanks Neil

The first 15 weeks were awful.
I had to keep my leg up all the time, and couldnt put ANY weight through it at all.

Swelling and pins and needles meant even when I was able to go to work, when I was sat i had to put my leg up.
I had to continue this until Christmas.