THE CAR'S JUST BEEN HIT!!!!! Gutted.

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
straight back to the body shop > point it out > partial refund and a full respray or a cash ex-gratia payment in your hand, accept nothing less. let them know how long they've had it for and how furious you are that they didn't provide you with a service that you paid for. and don't 'effin be shy about it, the bunch of d's that they are!!!!

if i were you, i'd be struggling to refrain from insults like holding my nose because the guys breath smells like the fridges in the sperm bank!

Yeah that's what I thought Dave. What do you reckon caused it?? It looks like it's in the colour coat when casting an eye down the roofline of the car but like I say no physical dip or dent in the panel.

go out and give it a knock knock, can you tell that it's been filled instead of repaired? it would appear by the sounds of it that the bloody filler has sunk! not only have they not repaired it, they've cowboy'd it too!?!?!?! if it makes a metallic knocking noise then they repaired it properly but didn't sand it correctly.

Just done the knock test Dave and it's all metal. So you reckon bad prep??

bad prep mate yeah, i had a word with the boys in the body shop and told them your symptoms. they said that it's going to be bad preperation mixed with sunken body filler. it can be really hard to spot, because 'sanding to a flat finnish' is never truly flat especially on the gradients / curved areas on your twingo but that's no excuse. they haven't got a leg to stand on :)

it shouldn't matter if it was through insurance or paid cash, the service that you or your insurance paid for wasn't received. the guys said that it should take no more than 2 days to rectify, last week they done a full side rear impact on an audi and had it all fixed within 8 working days painted and fabricated with new doors blah. if a little independant / local bodyshop with rudimentary tools can perfect that, how could a pro place not perfect it in the huge space of time they had it? cowboys mate.

best of luck in holding back on the mike tyson uppercuts when you go into the reception

ps - if you check youtube for paintless / smart repair videos and how they use mirrors to check the surface reflection, if they done that on your car on the problem area they'd have spotted the inconsistency straight away. hope a bunch of cowboys don't put you of twingo ownership :)

oscar":3te62qox said:
ps - if you check youtube for paintless / smart repair videos and how they use mirrors to check the surface reflection, if they done that on your car on the problem area they'd have spotted the inconsistency straight away. hope a bunch of cowboys don't put you of twingo ownership :)

Thanks mate, I'll look it up. As for being put off Twingo ownership I don't think much more could go wrong since I've owned it! Getting it back the other day though reminded me why I bought it....... While I was chasing a LY 200 along some twistys...... Big fun!

i completely understand mate, at least 'the worst' is over. the next stage is for it to shoot up in flames after you fart haha!

even in the GT on coilovers, me and my mate martin (supermrtino1 on here) have fun with the RS and GT. when i red line he ever so barely can't keep and on the twisties he's gone thanks to my dodgy 'skint till payday' buget tyres but even with good tyres he's gone on the twisties. i installed a k&n apollo for him the other day, thing sounds ridiculous closer to an AMG merc at high revs than a bloody twingo :/