The catalyst

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Proxy

Reaction score
Wanted a few days ago to remove the catalyst from my rs. Before I do it, it would be great to know if that works... is there any kind of sensor which prevents you starting it without the catalyst or is it even running in a "normal mode" without it? If yes, great, if no, does someone knows a way to prevent the ecu from detecting the "no catalyst"?

Regards,
Prox

The cat is welded to the manifold so you'll need a new manifold at the same time... Pricey!

Orbital on here has had a sports car developed by ktec racing and can fill you In withore information.

Humm, my english isn't the best at all.. So that means it isn't that easy as I though to "just remove" that friend I don't want to have? :x
Sounds a bit typically for "new" Renault.. I want the R5 Turbo back.. Hehe.. But thanks for the info, think I have to contact that guy!

Wenn du den Kat entfernen willst, dann schnapp dir vom Schrottplatz einen Clio RS Krümmer und schweiß K4M Flansche dran. So hat es Oliver (bekannt aus Clio/R5 Foren) gemacht. Anbei ein Bild :)

twingo_manifold.jpg

...oder greif tief ins Sparschwein und hol dir das Original von Renault:

Auspuffkruemmer.JPG

Sofern es aufm Schrottplatz überhaupt schon nen Clio RS gibt, was ich stark, stark bezweifel ;> zumindest müsste ich dann mal in den größeren Regionen Stuttgart & Co. rumfragen... anstatt die 834€ darein zu investieren, würde ich mir dann doch lieber den Käfig gönnen :D

Würde das so grob überhaupt reinpassen ohne großartige Anpassungsarbeiten durchzuführen?

if you can pick up a copy of the british tuning mag RedLine, theres a very detailed section about exhausts and manifold that is helpful. i can now see why mine took over a month to make

Proxy":1jpcvk8b said:
Sofern es aufm Schrottplatz überhaupt schon nen Clio RS gibt, was ich stark, stark bezweifel ;> zumindest müsste ich dann mal in den größeren Regionen Stuttgart & Co. rumfragen... anstatt die 834€ darein zu investieren, würde ich mir dann doch lieber den Käfig gönnen :D

Würde das so grob überhaupt reinpassen ohne großartige Anpassungsarbeiten durchzuführen?

ich rede von einem clio B RS Ph. 1 oder 2... also 1998-2003 oder so. da gibts genug schrott davon mittlerweile. die anpassungsarbeiten sind nicht enorm. die rohre haben am zylinderkopf einen anderen abstand und sind oval. flansch kannst du vom original abmessen, zeichnen und fräsen lassen. zusammenschweißen ist etwas arbeit und dass das ganze gerade bleibt auch. aber wenn du sowas noch nicht gemacht hast, dann würde ich davon abraten :)

Ich verstehe nicht, sprichst du englisch?

Ich habe Langeweile. Ich bin ein scheissekopf.

Danke, bitter.

Graham":3vt0ir4r said:
Ich verstehe nicht, sprichst du englisch?

Ich habe Langeweile. Ich bin ein scheissekopf.

Danke, bitter.

He said, try to get the Clio RS (98-03) manifold and stuff from a scrapyard or buy one for about ~ 830€ (744 GBP); I asked him if its much work to mod that thingy to make it fit to the Twingo, he told me that it isnt much work, but if I never done something like that before I should better leave it.

And now Im telling him: nope, didn't done something like that before on a car. Only worked on trucks untill now (my Job... ;)) - will think about it - thanks for the info!

Proxy":jer1ndjh said:
He said, try to get the Clio RS (98-03) manifold and stuff from a scrapyard or buy one for about ~ 830€ (744 GBP); I asked him if its much work to mod that thingy to make it fit to the Twingo, he told me that it isnt much work, but if I never done something like that before I should better leave it.

And now Im telling him: nope, didn't done something like that before on a car. Only worked on trucks untill now (my Job... ;)) - will think about it - thanks for the info!

...why did you say that your english is not good? :) it's way better than grahams german :)

I sold the manifold to a friend because it was too god damn loud without a cat anyway. and it kept spitting flames.

frediiii":38tq08lz said:
it's way better than grahams german :)
True.... ;-D

it was too god damn loud without a cat anyway.
Reason 1 - and the main reason why.

and it kept spitting flames.
Maybe Reason 2 - when the cops doesnt watch, ofc :D

"Why do that guy like noise?" well, in my ears a loud engine is better than music.. my dad got a 340R (without cat) and also a P 911R (from 1965 - also without a cat ;)). I grew up with it - and still love the noise ;>

my untuned first manifold hit over 105db... after 45 mins sold on motorway i was dizzy and ended up being violently sick. massive head aches and hearing would take a while to return. fine when on track with helmet as it cuts the noise down and was lucky i had it tuned 3 days after. might just be me but jumbo jets have their db levels at 107 mark, it just covers more volume lol see how long you could stomach that ^_^

its died down now, i got videos of it some where on youtube.
mines not so much. RAWR! but AHHHHHHHHHH in your face! hehe

wonder how much the standard cat/manifold costs to replace?

the twingo, as it comes all in one piece, tempted to see if my manifold and sports cat is a cheaper option then o.e.m parts.
i can see some people getting some cracked manifolds or rusty cats after 4 years

Today or tomorrow I'm going to the Renault store here and asking for some parts of the 'blueprint' from the R2.. I can also check that manifold and cat thing from Renault.. But the prices here in germany for original Renault parts are insane.. Needed new breaks, Renault told me something about 1.100 euro, in an another car shop (is called "ATU") I got all 4 breaks and the build in for about 500 euro.

use the supersprint 4-1 clio k4m manifold if your thinking of this route. even with a sports cat in there least you'll be able to drive the car to get a remap to fine tune it.
i can see why the r2 using stand alone ecu, k4m-800 really doesnt like 4-2-1's even with 5 hours remapping i still need another 3 and thats just to tidy a few of the curves up.
should also work out cheaper, if you have one made they might need to drop the engine out and that just adds to labour costs

thats the one, i believe when i talked to them either on here or some forum they did attempted to fit it. i believe they also said they didnt see much gains but that wasnt with a remap to take advantage or to factor in future upgrades.
you could also you that as a starting point, if like mine you wanted to be cheaper and then add a 4-2 piece on that and into single pipe or given extend the the 4 piece for higher end gains (of course losing lower down).
off the top of my head, the stocks tubes length was between 13-14cm, my 4 piece is 17.5cm and not sure on the length of supersprint

*looking at their pics, a 2-1 would be hard to add as cyclinders 1 &3 are on top, buth the length looks the same as the stocks but the key being less harsh bends and ass pipes have the same angle total. it also looks like it can be attacked like mine to the engine and have both dropped out without having to remove manifold which is a bonus**