The Girlfriend's Twingo

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex_225

Reaction score
Well, here's the story. I go to test drive an RS Twingo as a likely replacement to my Lupo Sport.

Whilst I'm test driving it, the girlfriend (Tia) is eyeing the car up. We get home and I get the question,

'Would you mind if I got one too?'. :lol:

My reaction was 'Go for it'. She had a 1.6 Megane Dynamique at the time, which although a comfortable, economical car, was unnecessarily big, slow and sensible. This was her Megane -

Megane8.jpg

And after a really easy private sale, she now owns this.

Twingo1.jpg

This was all her own spec as well. It's a Glacier White 133 'full fat'. She opted for the black and white pack, Cup pack, and the 'cool pack' so it has climate control and panoramic sun roof.

Twingo3.jpg

Twingo133Day2.jpg

Roof2.jpg

Dashboard.jpg

EngineBay1.jpg

To be honest there's very little to change on this car. It's amazing to drive and looks awesome but this had to go -

TwingoStereo.jpg

The standard stereo was pants. In fact I heard Noah had one of these in his Arc!!! So it's now got this one.

Pioneer3.jpg

Pioneer1.jpg

It may not have an Aux port but the sound quality is far better and it'll play WMA/MP3. I had this head unit in my Lupo and prior to that my Megane and my old Clio 172.

It's in desperate need of a wash though, I feel bad having not had a chance to give it some tlc in the last couple of weeks.

Having said that, it's nicely run in now, done about 2,500 miles and it's spot on.

My missus isn't really a spirited driver but she's loving having a quicker car even for minimal heavy footed-ness. To the point where she put her foot down with some muppet in a BMW trying to undertaker her and she owned him! :lol: :lol:

I was impressed as she kept it in gear right up to 6k and it was bang on haha.

The only downside to the white ones is that it's now a very popular choice so they're the more common choice people are going for.

Nice thing about this one is the glass roof as it doesn't seem many people opted for it.

The roof was my girlfriends favourite option.

Must say it's nice to be in, it feels more spacious for having so much light coming in. Also, I had to sit in the back of the car once and I'm 6'1" so not short ar$e but there was enough room and the roof gave an impression of even more space.

Roof does look good but imagine how much it weighs !! Mind you of you jut use it for general driving

GW is best colour tho by far you jut need a rs spoiler and gloss black diffuser does finish the back off have a look at my gallery .

Heard it doesn't make a massive difference to the weight of the car. Day to day, you'd never tell the difference. I certainly haven't compared to my Gordini.

Couple of minor changes to the missus car. She fancied a couple of stickers on hers.

She liked this pirate smiley which came off Fast Car magazine. Seems to suit the Twingo in white.

24.jpg

Also, you can't beat a shocker sticker haha.

23.jpg

And her plate is now on the car.

21.jpg

22.jpg

Seeing the white and black Twingos sometimes make me think i want to respray mine but then i think of the costs :lol:

For a full shell respray it'd cost a hell of a lot. Probably cheaper to chop in yours and buy a white one in the first place haha.

Having said that, yours has gotta be a rare one. As awesome as the glacier white ones look, they're becoming very popular.

To be fair most RenaultSports are rare but certain colours and specs are even more so.

I seem to see loads of 172/182s but thats about it running around. But working in a dealer i see a few renaultsports :)