The Twins' Twingo

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
133_Ads":396ca7wp said:
Looks awesome! I want more details on that Gaiter!
The gaiter came from Top Gaiters on eBay, here's a link:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/topgaiters

They make a leather one with red stitching so I just emailed and asked if they would do it in alcantara with orange stitching. For £15 it's a good service and a great piece of kit! Hides the grey plastic of the handbrake and the metal you can see through the carpet.....

Could probably get a bit of business through the forum, I know I hate the look of the handbrake, it does need something to hide it and I think you have found the solution!

Yeah it is really good quality too. The only problem is that we're going to need to fit it under the carpet as right now it sits untidily on top.

Twins go":3969be3u said:
manofhow":3969be3u said:
you forgot twingo cup spoiler :)

Going to have a wee look at that just now ;)

Friedchicken91":3969be3u said:
Also forgot to mention adding some twingo133.net stickers as well ;)

Absolutely, how could we forget! Top priority!

The one in the sale forum from Poland doesn't seem too bad

So, after a night time drive and noticing just how rubbish the stock headlights were, we have gone and bought new bulbs.

They arrived today and are 12V 60/55W, if that means anything :)

Will get them fitted later tonight/ tomorrow and get some pictures up for you guys !

Twins go":20f69xvk said:
So, after a night time drive and noticing just how rubbish the stock headlights were, we have gone and bought new bulbs.

They arrived today and are 12V 60/55W, if that means anything :)

Will get them fitted later tonight/ tomorrow and get some pictures up for you guys !
12V - the nominal voltage they are designed for (saves getting 24V truck bulbs)
60/55W - They are dual fillament Main beam being 60Watts and dip beam being 55Watts.

Not all bulbs with the same 12V 60/55W labelling are equal. Differences in the gas composition thats in the envelope and also the tolerences of the tungsten fillament mean some are just about fit for purpose and others are actually good.

The Osram Nightbreaker bulbs (and the NB+ or NB Ultimate) are good :) but cost twice the price of an average bulb... Still worth while.

So last week we chnaged the headlight bulbs and they make a huge difference although I can't find the pictures :(

Then we decided that the car needs a bit of detailing, she's filthy, so bought these:

The plan was to do that all yesterday but all we managed was the snowfoam before the rain came on. Unfortunately we were struggling to get the right consistency and it ran off after 2-3 minutes!

We'll have a day soon where we can properly clay, wax, purple rain etc and get the car in properly good condition.

We also have wind deflectors on the way, they might be delivered later so can get them fitted :D

oscar":ox0aafj4 said:
any new additions guys? ;)

Absolutely, many, many more smiles per gallon.

Will post some pics and maybe a video of the sound when we get home, it is absolutely wild though!!

was good meeting you guys, as soon as i left i suddenly remembered how you said yous had carbon wrap going spare or were wanting to get some.

carbon wrap the pipercross ? ;) .... i shall let that thought register into fruition lol

Yeah it was just gloss black wrap for the mini but didn't get a chance to use it. I think maybe once the pipercross stops looking cool itself then we could wrap it black, not sure how much we've actually go though.

Here is a wee photo of it looking absolutely smashing!!

Also got the pressed plates waiting at the post office so just need to go pick them up tomorrow then we'll be able to get the front bit black and stick them on !

Here's a cheeky picture of the car looking good after work as well ....

I picked up a new reg plate the other day & 2 black reg plate holders as I didn't want to drill the new ones - looks sooo nice! Will Whack pix up in a bit too.

Just ordered myself a gaitor like yours from eBay. I'm surprised they don't charge extra for a custom material! They should offer them on here, I reckon they'd be quite popular!

Good work guys!

Yeh I know - they were really good for us. I mean, the fit isn't perfect unless it's tucked into the carpet but it's much better than none and for £15 quid (?), can't argue with that!

aburajaz.jpg
u6uqy5ag.jpg

Just fitted mine, it looks really good! Fits well with the RS handbrake. I just used the key to tuck in under the carpet & it actually looks really neat. Probably should have asked for grey alcantara to match the rs gearstick but I didn't think & it goes really well in black anyway.

Aye that looks good mate, we still need to get it tucked in, just haven't been arsed yet.

However, do have a reasonable update today. We got pressed plates from Dubmeister last week, then today had the number plate bar wrapped in gloss black and fitted both plates, it looks sooooo much better...

The wrap was done at Platinum Polish in Glasgow, would recommend it, they seem to know what they're doing considering they had a Gallardo and a 997 Turbo in for detailing today haha

Before:

After: