think im gonna cry!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike_Robo

Reaction score
on the way to work this morning i saw a copper approaching in my rearview mirror with his lights on, but he was at least 1000 or more meters away, so i had plenty of time to pull over and let him past etc.

However the car in front of me didnt have the same opinion, so he slammed his breaks on and stopped, causing me to slam my brakes on, the abs kicked in causing dini to kick out a bit, consequently cliping the kerb and kerbing the front passenger side alloy.

absolutley gutted.

Damn. At least it's not as bad as it could have been in that situation.

Sorry to hear this,

but like others have said.. it could have been ALOT worse.. you could have gone straight into the back of the other car which would have totally ruined you day

I felt the same after a black astra forced me into a high curb, i curbed both passenger side wheels, full 360. Big silver lines/chips on glossy black alloys. Only had the car from new for one week. " days ago, decided to do something about it, didn't want to spend money on a refurb.
Sanded down, touched in with some glossy audi black from halfords....unless you actually looked closely, you wouldn't know it had been curbed. They look great...and a weight has been lifted...i hate imperfections.

Mate that's terrible! It's terrible curbing an alloy but when they are the Gordini rims its terrible as the polished faces show it so much

Noticed this with mine as well when breaking hard that the rear breaks out.

Sucks, I curbed a couple of my Renault rims as well.. was furious.

If I curb the OZ's I'll shoot myself in the foot.

aw yeah it could have been a lot worse, rather a kerbed alloy than a new front end ;)
just wounded, only had it for a couple of weeks :p

might get it refurbed when i have the spare cash, as it does spoil the polished effect

Really gutted for you :cry:

There's only one thing worse than the sound of an alloy being scuffed and that's the sound of bodywork getting trashed so as other people have said could have been a lot worse.