Thinking Of Selling The Twingo To Upgrade!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheDon

Reaction score
hey guys/girls.
Im thinking of selling my Twingo RS in june or july this year.
I want to upgrade to a turbo car,I was thinking of the new megane 250 Rs cup in white or the Mk2 ford Focus RS in ultimate green.
I just wanted to know your guys opinions on what you think i should go for??

Thanks! :D

A friend has just traded his VXR8 for a Crocus in the green. Looks fantastic, but I think he will soon get bored with it.

If you're spending £25k, how about the new FT86 Toyota with drive to the proper end of the car? ;)

Araf":32u9bhc2 said:
A friend has just traded his VXR8 for a Crocus in the green. Looks fantastic, but I think he will soon get bored with it.

If you're spending £25k, how about the new FT86 Toyota with drive to the proper end of the car? ;)
Hi mate thanks for the reply,Im looking to buy a secnd hand one for around 19 to 20k.
That toyota looks really nice though, wow!!
Ive never seen it before. :shock:

Drop a 182 engine in the twingo ;)

Or a Renaultsport Megane 265 Trophy? One on autotrader for £22,995. It's a sexy beast

Whatever you get enjoy it! Love to be in your position to be able to buy either. It's a hard call, I don't like the focus much but the rs is cool simply because it exists!

Mazda 3 mps? Drop their value like stones, very well kitted and powerful! Better looking than the focus equivalent I always think

maggi112":q4b08it0 said:
Whatever you get enjoy it! Love to be in your position to be able to buy either. It's a hard call, I don't like the focus much but the rs is cool simply because it exists!

Mazda 3 mps? Drop their value like stones, very well kitted and powerful! Better looking than the focus equivalent I always think

driven a old one and they are awesome. torque steer like a ***** though.

I would love to run something like that, two kids / house / wife seem to dictate otherwise.

Dunno why but I always fancied Volvo. (our family always drove Volvo or Saab)
It something else then always the obvious (chavy Focus RS or MG etc..)

R-Design.. C30R or S40/60R looks pretty cool to me.

Thanks everyone for the replies, much appreciated,I think I'm going to go for a Focus RS mk2 in ultimate green,gloss black wheels,gloss black roof etc.I will keep you guys posted.

Thanks.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk

I still have a few months to make my mind up,but I'm still falling for the mk2 Focus RS but I will let you guys know what I get.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk

Having a RS250 in the family and having been a passenger and detailing a focus RS for a few days, the megane is far superior in many ways as an all round car, body roll is virtually undetectable in the megane yet the RS is top heavy and understeers happily and just seems very wallowy; interior in the focus is a little bland nothing really quality imoh and just seems less special inside, there's also the look the focus is a car that has such a good road presence but the spoiler when ur looking at it is so huge and makes the car look ott, although its far more powerful you can't notice it on day to day driving and acceleration seems a bit sluggish but then it is a lot heavier

If I had a choice I'd get the new 265 megane or the Mazda 3 MPS like mentioned above (a very understated hot hatch)

with cars like the rs focus, s2000 etc, have to be careful coz the roadtax is like 425 a year and they are all insurance groups 20+ even an impreza running costs are high, i had a mk1 rs focus for about 6 weeks and had to get rid of it because was costing me over 100 quid to get to work and back.

my money would be on a megane r26, 225 something like that, best balance between price and running costs. turbo cars are better to play with, get a lot more gains for the money spent.

RS250 would be my decision personally. But I'm of the thinking that if you love the RS Twingo, then you'd want more of the same.

Bit like when I went from a 172 to a 225. Was just bigger, faster and more RenaultSport haha. :)