Thinking of selling up...

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JE_GT

Reaction score
Thinking of selling the Twingo and getting a sports bike for the summer, I already have a work van with unlimited personal use so I won't be without a vehicle as such. How much do you think I could get for my Twingo as is?

I wouldn't sell it for a bike which you can only use for a few months a year!

If you do sell up how cheap are you willing to let the turinis go? :lol:

I would sell the car as-is, I sold my GT wheels so have nothing to put on it. And like I said, I have no need for it really, I have a van :)

Im thinking of doing the same, only use my 133 for 5-6 months of the year at most anyway. Last year only used for 1 month....

Still got to do my license but definatly looking into it myself .

I do drive my Twingo fairly regularly and it is fun but I've wanted a bike since I was about 12 lol, I'm almost 25 and I just want something a little more exciting whilst I don't have a mortgage haha. I'm after doing the Direct Access course as there are loads of places to learn around where I live.

Plus, my dad has 2 bikes and it annoys me that I can't go out for a ride with him and the next door neighbor!

Yes get bikes people, if it came to getting rid off my bike I think I would die inside. Went out for a ride Sunday and now using it for commuting to work and back. By no means does the twingo's fun factor match a bike.

JE_GT":2635hl9s said:
I know, and the insurance isn't that bad for me on a bike anymore due to getting old lol
Yep although it does vary quiet a lot depending on the bike.

JE_GT":21mugtki said:
I do drive my Twingo fairly regularly and it is fun but I've wanted a bike since I was about 12 lol, I'm almost 25 and I just want something a little more exciting whilst I don't have a mortgage haha. I'm after doing the Direct Access course as there are loads of places to learn around where I live.

Plus, my dad has 2 bikes and it annoys me that I can't go out for a ride with him and the next door neighbor!

Hasn't the law changed as of Jan?

You have to pass a test on each size category and ride each one for a year before taking the next test? I could of course, be completely imagining that.

Edit: Yup, I imagined that xD
I'm 21 and passed my full test just before christmas, just in time for the new law :p
Still ain't bought a bike though :(

Options from 19th January 2013
Process = Motorcycle theory test, CBT, Module 1, Module 2

A1. At age 17+: You can take your test on a learner 125cc bike
Pass this and you can just ride a 125cc - nothing above! You now have to wait for 2 years or until you reach 19 years of age where you can either stay on just the 125cc bike or take training and the next stage of test (A2):
A2. At age 19+: You can take your test on a 400cc learner bike
Pass this and you can ride a bike up to 46.6 Bhp. You can restrict any motorcycle to this power so long as the original manufacturer's declared output was less than 92 Bhp. Large bikes such as Honda CBR1000, Suzuki GSX1000, Triumph Sprint etc. are not allowed. Now wait a minimum of 2 years to qualify for the next test, or reach the right age bracket. You can now choose to stay on your restricted bike or take training and test in the next stage of test (A):
A. At 24: You can take your test on a 600cc motorcycle
Pass this test and you can ride any bike, any size, any power.

You are right there was new rules in January .

The new rules for motorcycle tests will be introduced on January 19 2013.

At 16 and after first taking CBT, you’ll be able to ride a moped (note that the licence category will change from P to AM) on L plates as at present. In the unlikely event that anyone chooses to gain a full moped licence, you’ll need to take the theory test and CBT.

At 17 you’ll be able to take the motorcycle test (after first taking CBT and passing the theory test) on a machine of at least 120cc and no more than 125cc, with a power output not exceeding 11kW (14.6bhp) capable of a speed of at least 90km/h (55mph) This will get you an A1 licence, which will allow you to ride a similar machine to the one the test was passed on, in other words a 14.6hp 125.

After two years if you already hold an A1 OR if you are 19 and have a provisional licence, CBT and Theory Test pass you can take the test again on a machine of at least 395cc with an engine power of at least 25kW (33bhp) but not exceeding 35kW (46.6bhp), with a power to weight ratio not exceeding 0.2kW/kg and that is not derived from a vehicle more than double its power This will get you the A2 motorcycle licence, which will allow you to ride a bike up to 46.6bhp.

The final step to a full power and unrestricted category A licence can be at 21 but ONLY if the rider has held an A2 licence for a minimum of two years OR at 24 if the rider has a new provisional motorcycle licence. The test will have to be taken on a machine of at least 595cc and engine power of at least 40kW (53.6bhp).

I'd really like a bike but I'd use it more on vacations or little trips to France or Germany, not as something as a daily.

Think it's kinda too dangerous to drive in busy countries like Belgium.

Like my cousin, she has a bike license but only used it in the US so far. She went numerous times on roadtrip in the US with a group of people, rented some Harley's and drove across the country.

Thats how I would enjoy driving a bike but not for commuting every day. You can be as careful as you want, I don't trust other people in traffic.

As I'm 24 I can go straight in to the full license, which is what I thought originally... time to sell!

I'm only planning on getting a 600 anyway as they're scary enough.

JE_GT":2i8bac44 said:
As I'm 24 I can go straight in to the full license, which is what I thought originally... time to sell!

I'm only planning on getting a 600 anyway as they're scary enough.

That's perfect then. I only took motorcycle lessons so I could actually ride a bike, hadn't planned on buying one at the time, just wanted the experience. After a month of riding, I was hooked, best fun i've had in a long time. REALLY want a bike now :D