Throttle Body Photo

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ollie133cup

Reaction score
Could someone if they have a spare 5 minutes upload a photo of the Black cover on the Throttlebody , I need the details of of it. I would check my self but im away offshore .... :cry:

I will be eternally grateful :D

Ill get one tomorrow if pos what's you after like? Part no or ...

To port it? If it´s enough for the 197 than for the 1.6RS it, too... :lol:

Oliver":cdxrpfgu said:
You could still remove the cast/machined steps without enlarging the throttle plate diameter. As said, 60mm is plenty large enough for a 133.

Not realy a problem for Ollie :cool: I hope its workable

benmc":9v53n11y said:
The step is there for a reason though
I thought it was just to leave enough metal for when machining the bore to the right size to take the butterfly. The likes of Jenvey bodies etc don't have a step and I think mines been ok with the step smothed out.

whats the other reason(s)?

I don't think make too much difference but its 100% tere for a reason I can't remember the name of the effect sure it begins with a V though some guy brought it up when we were all getting ours done to 64mm on The old 197

ventury?

Me i think it's just because it cost to much money to make it properly

carbs use a venturi to create a low pressure across the fuel nozels, which then draws the fuel from the float chamber. So, yes theres a reason for a narrowing, but it could be a smooth narrowing, an angled hump or a step .

All a TB needs to do is regulate the airflow as the fuel is metered and added afterwards.

mazmaz":3133wfbh said:

Me i think it's just because it cost to much money to make it properly

I think so, too. There will be casted raw parts that e.g. cover a bore from 60mm to 64mm and then these parts are drilled to their final diameter and nobody takes care for the step because it´s additional time in the production process and so additional costs. The effect removing it is not worth this money, but I think if it´s removed it won´t be a negative effect anyway. :)

Its only a small step, with one either side of the butterfly plate
_DSC9188.jpg

After some work with the Dremel and sanding drum, followed by some 500 grit paper to remove the lip
_DSC9458.jpg

_DSC9456.jpg